14 SEPT 2010 RefGen Phone Conference (Archived)
From GO Wiki
Varsha Khodiyar (UCL)
Mike Livstone (PAINT)
Yasmin Alam-Faruque (GOA)
- Suzi, Judy: find next curation targets (2 families in the wnt pathway)
- SGD, Judy: look into what we need to do basal transcription and ceramide synthesis
Suggestion for next targets
- Hearing: Susan Tweedie, Doug Howe, MGI
- A group has support for annotation/analysis of genes implicated in hearing. A suggestion would be to annotate those genes only for hearing? or we can see how many genes there are and edit all.
- Basal Transcription: Given that the ontology has just been fixed, and many genes need to be re-annotated, we could make this a ref genome project
- Ubiquitin ligases: Swiss-Prot has annotated ubiquitin ligases over the summer. We could try skipping the MOD curation since Swiss-Prot has done some GO annotations. That would be a great opportunity to compare annotation processes of Swiss-Prot.
- continue wnt pathway
Annotation Status report
http://amigo.berkeleybop.org/cgi-bin/amigo/phylotree Sven, Seth, Chris
wnt project update
- Comments, questions, problems?
Status on uploading GAF files
- Groups uploading files: UniProt, MGI, SGD, PomBase
Outstanding action items
- Action: Figure out a mechanism by which taxonomic restrictions derived from PAINT could be fed back into the ontology taxon restrictions file [Paul and Jane]. Manager: Jane.
- Pascale emailed Jane and Paul to check the status of that one.