2011 USC Meeting Action Items
Action items from the 2011 USC meeting
- Annotation: Report on taxon constraints needs to be implemented ASAP!
Task: email report out, check of CVS web DONE
Responsible: Chris - either implement email report or implement new system (gaf validator)
- Annotation: Contact Rama and Emily if you can help organizing and editing the annotation pages on the GO website
Responsible: GO-TOP DISCONTINUE
- Annotation: Continue to work on the guidelines. Ask the go-discuss email list for suggestions; ideas: (i) improve IMP/downstream events; (ii) cellular versus multicellular level annotation
Responsible: Rama and Emily will moderate, include in annotation calls ONGOING
- GO Help: create an aggregator for GO-related stuff on other sites - BioStar, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Boing Boing, etc.
Task: Done already, put link on wiki MANAGERS WILL DISCUSS GO-HELP AT LUNCH IN LONDON
- GO Help: designate a point person for software group queries (Seth seems to have volunteered)
Responsible: Seth, other software group members DONE
- GO Help: if you're interested in joining GO help--and it's very rewarding, great fun, and a superb way to enhance your day--please contact Rama and Emily.
- Evidence Codes: convene a working group to discuss ECO in more depth and propose a plan for implementation in the GOC.
Responsible: GO-TOP and Marcus
- Annotation deliverables: What are the annotation items that we are going to present to the world? Formulate guidelines and deliverables.
Part of QC, find ways to distribute quality control results and assess display of GO on external web sites
Emily will send out wiki page for comments
Responsible: Emily (to start)
- Ontology development: comments on annotation should go into GONUTS (e.g. how to annotate transcription factors), not the GO wiki.
Responsible: Annotation group needs to tell ontology developers where they want to find the information
Make sure to capture notes from transcription overhaul, etc.
- Ontology development: notification of GO changes to GO friends
Responsible: ontology editors upon term obsoletion
Responsible: ontology editors communicate about project (beginning, end) when major changes are being made
- Ontology development: weekly emails to GO list containing new terms
- Ontology development: daily email to GO list containing def differences
- Ontology development: make available differences in some kind of parseable format
Responsible: Amelia DONE
- Ontology development: get GOing on the integral to qualifier now that everyone is crystal clear on how has part works.
Responsible: Chris NOT DONE
- Ontology development: to request from everyone to provide a short description of their expertise, so that they can ask appropriate curators when needing input for SF requests
Responsible: David WOULD BE VERY USEFUL. NEED PEOPLE TO SUBMIT THEM.
- Ontology development: open Term Genie to the world DONE
- Ontology development: make available a term wishlist for Term Genie so that people know which terms are requested
Responsible: Chris, Amelia SUBSUMED THROUGH THE OTHER REPORT.
- PRO: feel free to use PRO IDs in col 17 and ask the PRO team for new IDs. No formal shift to PRO for the time being. Use http://pir.georgetown.edu/cgi-bin/pro/race_pro for requesting ids for isoforms, cleaved forms, modified forms; http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=199198&atid=968527 for complex requests.
Inform curators what to do; include this in an annotation call, create specifications
Responsible: Harold, Emily GOING TO HAVE COMPLEXES AS ANNOTATABLE OBJECTS. WILL BE DISCUSSED ON A LATER ANNOTATION CALL.
- Col 16: work out what relations are needed and document them fully. David has volunteered to (and is in the process of) looking through all MGI structured notes since 2002 to work out which relations are required.
Responsible: David, other curators IN PROGRESS
- Software: discuss modularization strategy in OBO-Edit--e.g. having taxon constraints in the OBO file--as well as other information requested by specific groups
Responsible: Chris WILL BE COVERED TODAY
- Ref Genome: devise a method for handling the individual references for families; they have to be loaded into every member DB, which causes all manner of problems
PanTree will have a link to the notes field from every evidence field
Responsible: Paul T DON'T KNOW
- Website: write some top notch documentation on the integral to qualifier
Responsible: Chris, curators (annotation group) CARRIES OVER TO NEXT MEETING
- Common Annotation Tool: Paul S and Suzi will establish a requirements working group
Responsible: Suzi and Paul S IN PROGRESS
- Common Annotation Tool: (Community Annotation) Use Val's "Tool With No Name" for the community annotation tool; implement on the GO site
Responsible: Val, Paul S., Chris STILL IN DISCUSSION
- GPI and GPAD: work out specs, scripts, advantages, disadvantages and a time scale. Another working group to the rescue!
Define what the problems are and how the different approaches will address them.
Responsible: Amelia, Tony DISCUSSED IN LONDON
- Next GOC Meeting: UK (London?), beginning November 2011, Ruth and Susan DONE
Back to the 2011 USC Meeting Agenda