2015 Washington DC GOC Meeting Logistics
- 1 Join us in Washington, DC!
- 1.1 Planned Schedule
- 1.2 The GOC2015 Meeting Venue
- 1.3 Registration
- 1.4 Accommodations
- 1.5 Letter of Invitation for US Consulate
Join us in Washington, DC!
Please join us this fall for the next meeting of the Gene Ontology Consortium.
- We will host the meeting at the Marvin Conference Center, George Washington University, at the heart of Washington, DC. The Marvin Conference Center is located at 800 21st St NW Washington, DC 20052.
- The 2015 GO meeting will include an all-day symposium + workshops day, open to the research community. During the GO Symposium + Workshops day we will host two talks about research projects that highlight the use of our resources, and offer workshops on annotation and term enrichment using the GO. More details are available on the Agenda for the GO Symposium + Workshop Day.
- We will also count with the participation of our Scientific Advisory Board.
- Sunday August 30 and Monday August 31 - GOC Meeting:
- On the first day of the GOC Meeting, Sunday 30-August-2015, please meet us in Room 310.
- On Monday 31-August-2015 - the GOC Meeting will take place in Room 311.
- The agenda for the GOC2015 Meeting can be found here.
- Tuesday September 1 - GO Symposium + Workshops:
- On Tuesday 01-Sept-2015 the GO Symposium & Workshops Day will take place in Room 309.
- The agenda for the Symposium + Workshops Day can be found here.
- Wednesday September 2 - Scientific Advisory Board Meeting:
- On Wednesday 02-Sept-2015 the GO Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) will meet in Room 407.
- The agenda for the SAB Meeting can be found here.
The GOC2015 Meeting Venue
Arriving to The Marvin Center at George Washington University
- The Marvin Center at George Washington University is located at 21st Street Northwest, Washington, DC. The conference center is located a 6 minute walk from OWCHotel and a 5 minute walk from Foggy Bottom Metro.
Places to eat near The Marvin Center
Lunch will be on your own during the GOC meeting. Below are a few suggestions for places where you can grab lunch around the conference center. The lunch break will last 1.5 hours.
- Lunch suggestions Part I - closest to Campus; I St between 22nd and 23rd Streets
- Lunch suggestions Part II - exploring I Street between 21st and 17th Streets.
- Lunch suggestions Part III - for the adventurer.
GOC2015 Meeting Dinner
We have a reservation at Circa At Foggy Bottom on Monday 31-August-2015 at 6:30 PM. Circa is located at 2221 I St NW Washington, DC 20037, within walking distance of both the Meeting Venue and the Hotel. Please see the map to the right to review its location. Please be courteous and respectful of everyone's time. Our reservation is at 6:30 PM, so please plan to be there 5 minutes in advance. Thank you!
The registration fee for the meeting is $175 (US Dollars); this includes participation in the GOC meeting and GO Symposium Day. For those attending only the GO Symposium Day, there will be no fee. Lunch will be provided.
How to Register
Registration for the 2015 Meeting of the Gene Ontology Consortium (GOC2015) is now open. Use this URL to access the "RegOnline" System at Jackson Laboratory and register for the meeting.
Intention to attend
A few weeks back, we asked you to please state your intention to attend GOC2015. Estimating the number of attendants has helped us with logistics planning and appropriately establishing the registration cost. Thank you very much for signing up. You can still visit the pre-registartion page here, in case you wish to modify your entry.
Arriving to One Washington Circle Hotel
- The One Washington Circle Hotel is located at 1 Washington Cir NW, Washington, DC 20037.
- Instructions to reach the hotel using public transportation:
- From Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) using Metro.
- From Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) using Metro (MetroBus + Metro). Exact fare of $7 is required to board the 5A MetroBus at Dulles International Airport. SmarTrip Metro cards are also accepted. The schedule for the 5A Metro Bus can be found here.
- Instructions to arrive at hotel by car. You will be charged separately for parking.
Hotel Block at One Washington Circle Hotel (OWCH)
- Group Name: Gene Ontology Consortium
- Block dates: 29 August, 2015 to 3 September, 2015 (5 nights)
- The special rate for our group is USD139 (taxes not included) per night.
- Cutoff date to make a reservation at the group rate was 24 July, 2015.
- To Make a Reservation:
- For either Email or Fax you should include the group code 'LBNL/GENEONTOLO' and the block number '1347960'. These are the quickest way for them to pull the group up in their system.
Other hotels in the area
Information about additional lodging available within 15 blocks of the George Washington University (GWU) campus in Foggy Bottom can be found on the GWU Website
Letter of Invitation for US Consulate
If you need to apply for a visa to visit the US, you will need a letter of invitation. Please send moni an email requesting the letter, and include: your full name as it appears in your passport, country of origin, date of birth, affiliation, and work address. Judy Blake (The Jackson Laboratory) will sign the letter on behalf of the GOC.