2015 Washington DC GOC Scientific Advisory Board Meeting Agenda
- 1 The GOC Scientific Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday September 2, 2015 at the Marvin Center at George Washington University, in Room 407.
- 2 Arriving to the Meeting Venue
- 3 Agenda
The GOC Scientific Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday September 2, 2015 at the Marvin Center at George Washington University, in Room 407.
Arriving to the Meeting Venue
- The Marvin Center at George Washington University is located at 21st Street Northwest, Washington, DC. The conference center is located a 6 minute walk from OWCHotel and a 5 minute walk from Foggy Bottom Metro.
- The Minutes of the GOC2015 Meeting are recorded in this Google Document.
- Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM
Morning Session (Open to GOC members)
- The morning session includes progress reports on the aims of the grant, objectives of the GOC, and immediate next steps.
- 9:00 am - 9:20 am -- GOC: historical perspective and community acknowledgments (Suzi Lewis)
- 9:20 am - 9:40 am -- Consortium grant aims and overview of progress (Judy Blake)
- 9:40 am - 10:10 am -- GO Metrics; annotations and ontologies: progress and impact (Mike Cherry)
- 10:10am - 10:40 am -- Phylogenetic annotations and PAINT (Paul Thomas)
- 10:40 am - 11:00 am -- Coffee Break
- 11:00 am - 11:20 am -- Community Annotation: Capella and Noctua /LEGO (Chis Mungall)
- 11:20 am - 11:40 am -- What Next? (Mike Cherry)
Afternoon Session (Closed Discussion)
- 11:40 am - 1:00 pm Lunch -- Private lunch and discussion for SAB and PIs.
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm -- SAB private discussion
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm -- SAB and PI group; Feedback and discussion
- 3:30 pm - End of 2015 GOC SAB meeting
SAB Meeting Dinner
The SAB has a reservation at Ris on the night before the SAB Meeting, Tuesday 01-September-2015 at 6:30 PM. Ris is located at 2275 L St NW Washington, DC 20037, within walking distance of both the Meeting Venue and the Hotel. Please see the map to the right to review its location. Your reservation is at 6:30 PM, so please plan to be there 5 minutes in advance.