5 Jan 2021 PAINT Conference Call
From GO Wiki
Pascale, Huaiyu, Dustin, Paul T., Anushya, Marc
- PANT tool and validator update (Anushya)
- PAINT tool update: right-click the matrix and the tool will automatically highlight the suggested MRC node.
- Obsoleted IBDs due to the obsolescence of experimental annotations at the leaf. To QA, just go to the ftp site (ftp://ftp.pantherdb.org/downloads/paint/15.0/) and download the IBD.gaf file to find out the obsoleted annotations.
- Update on the monthly update process (Dustin)
- Separation of GO vs PAINT update code
- UniProt GPI crosscheck, to remove obsolete UniProt entries- GH issue https://github.com/pantherdb/fullgo_paint_update/issues/46
- Report example showing effect of UniProt GPI check - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C66FkRPi8UShItoA5PyBUTRhzGPB-fWJowJy6hJrUh8/edit#gid=1722983311
- GAF 2.2 available
- Need to develop GPAD 2.0 IBA files - created GH ticket: https://github.com/pantherdb/fullgo_paint_update/issues/49
- From Alex I: Could we go back to having only the PTN in the 'with' data ? Since this can end up being a lot of data. Ideally AmiGO and other tools would link to Pantree to get the primary annotations. Thoughts ?
- Will bring up at either the manager call or the annotation call to see if anyone uses the data.
- This will require some work to build processes to retrieve the data differently. It maybe easier for Alex to simply parse the PTN and ignore the rest in his process.
Postponed to next call
- Improve annotation forward tracking. This is a topic we discussed at the last call. Sometimes nodes are not tracked between PANTHER builds due to the current rules. Huaiyu has proposal to improve the rules, and will discuss here.
- Plan to migrate PAINT to PANTHER 16.