AAC Discussion Questions
From GO Wiki
(Redirected from AAC Disussion Questions)
How to improve GOC support to external annotation efforts?
- Central community annotation tool hosted by the GO Consortium?
- Generate further guidelines to support annotation efforts?
- Instructions on the GO Consortium web site as to how groups should interact with the GO Consortium, requirements and GOC support
- Greater acknowledgement of annotation (or ontology) contributions by domain experts?
- Encourage subscription of new curators onto the annotation list and participation in annotation calls. Dedicate a call twice a year to specifically support new annotators?
What could we improve in the processes involved in biological-focused projects?
- How can we ensure a wider range of projects are proposed that are be led by different groups in the Consortium?
- Setting up a project is a lot of work. What can be done to make this easier?
- How could groups be encouraged to offer to lead an annotation efforts?
- How can we continue to develop the interactions between ontology development and annotation efforts?
- Example: curation manual developed alongside ontology efforts to provide guidance on term usage for annotation of specific components of a pathway?
Suggestions for additional annotation guidelines needed by curators?
- Page to describe how ontology relationships can be used to improve annotation consistency? (Val)