Aim of the meeting was to look into AmiGO 1.0 release status in regard to the new features voted for by the AWG:
List as voted on by the AWG
1. download options
- basic option is in there (tab-delimited)
- long term needs more interface needs work to display extra download options
Discussion about the AWG exercise, to get people talking about features they do and don't like about different commonly used web interfaces. Eurie voiced concerns that the AWG doesn't know why it's performing these exercises, hence they lose interest. 2. sorted search results
- implemented (has a bug)
3. searching with mis-spelled terms
- no progress on this item (what do AWG think?)
4. improved gene product search
5. a tie between: 5a. organize and allow filtering species by kingdom
- out of time - need data in database
5b. advanced Search radio button
- implemented (near as)
Long-standing wish list items
1. Term Finder
- Had to redesign to fit into AmiGO 1.0, almost there
Discussion on session data. Will look at further.
2. Term Mapper
- As Term Finder
- Wait until AmiGO 2.0
Ben to send log files to Amelia.
1. New short URL
- already there, and ready. Need to give people more warning
- COMMENT: more warning for what, testing? not users - they should never care about URL syntax as long as they are backwards compatible.
Timescale: testing during June, July release? Soft deadline for first beta - last week of June.