From GO Wiki
Seth, Amelia, Rama, Ben, Jane
Went over Jane's email for as much time as we had her; got through all of the majors. Summary:
- Reference Genome display (major priority for 1.6)
- Annotation table (bulk download of annotation files by species/kingdom etc)
- Wiki-style user annotation (Jim Hu's API)
- AmiGO web services?
- X-product visualisation
- Graphical tree-view (improve on GraphViz)
- Flexible annotation browsing e.g. by qualifier
- Improve documentation
- Display issues:
- selecting multiple terms in tree
- spell out evidence code acronyms
- make NOT qualifier more prominent
- add 'experimental' evidence group
- reducing whitespace in results
- Highlight a list of GO terms in the tree
- More download options
- BLAST post-filtering results
- mis-spelled terms
- customising data displayed in results
- search/browse within a subset (e.g. slim) only
- DB issues
- remove fake root
- It would be nice to try a quick release, so we'll try and keep this one light.
- 1, 3, 7 already mostly finished
- 2 needs input from Chris
- 4 is a goal to works towards
- 5 already partially done (demo from SLC), but see 6
- The visualization system in general needs work, Seth has had on back burned for a while to get something more powerful than graphviz.
- 8 docs are being linked out to wiki so we can change them independent of release schedule.
- What is release schedule for current bugfix (rama)
- Depends on WPWG tesing (seth)
- how about make an obo-edit-like sign off sheet (amelia)
- [AFTER MEETING] The gene_associations file is going to have 2 new columns. Is AmiGO ready?
- Put together a sign-off sheet for bug release (Seth)
- Email WG detailed list of things to check for.
- Amelia and Seth to talk about low-hanging fruit in second tier suggestions. (Seth and Amelia)
- Follow up on Rama's offline discussion point (see above)
Previous Action Items
- send notes along to software group
- amigo data structs (amelia)
- ref gen and DBIx::Class (seth)
- check to see what times are better for the group [DONE]
- put all new stuff in next release tracker (seth)
- clean tracker more