Adding Taxon Restrictions
From GO Wiki
See Ontology_Editors_Daily_Workflow for creating branches and basic Protégé instructions.
Only in taxon relations
- Only in taxon relations are added as SubClasses.
- Navigate to the term for which you want to add the only in taxon restriction.
- In the Description window, click on the + to add a new SubClass Of relationship.
- In the pop-up window type a new relationship (e.g. 'only_in_taxon' some Viridiplantae).
- The taxa available are imported ontology terms and can be browsed just like any other ontology term.
Never in taxon relations
- Never in taxon relations added as Annotations.
- Navigate to the term for which you want to add the never in taxon restriction.
- In the class annotations window, click on the +.
- In the left-hand panel, select never_in_taxon.
- In the right-hand panel, in the Entity IRI tab, navigate to the correct taxon. The full path is: thing/continuant/independent continuant/material entity/object/organism.
- Select the appropriate taxon.
- Click OK to save your changes.
See Ontology_Editors_Daily_Workflow for commit, push and merge instructions.
Last reviewed: May 24, 2017