Annotation Conf. Call, August 14, 2012
From GO Wiki
Rama, Dianna, Rachael, Prudence, Li, Midori, Doug, Becky, Chris, Antonia, Ruth, Kalpana (SGD developer)
1. GO Mine presentation (Rama)
- Tour of GOMine beta: http://gomine.stanford.edu:8080/gomine/templates.do
- GOmine is powered by InterMine developed by Gos Micklem.
- Stores data in denormalized precomputed tables (postgreSQL)
- It allows to search and retrieve GO data using a query interface. You don't need to know formal sqlplus language to query.
- Easy to make lists, results can be customized
- For the beta release, GO annotations from the GAF files have been loaded.
- Chris- Is it possible to traverse through the ECO and retrieve all Experimental annotations?
- Kalpana, Rama- We haven't loaded the ECO yet. All the data come from the GAF. But this should be possible as long as there is a way to map the codes.
- Chris- Can Col-16 data be loaded? Yes, it can be. The current GO loading parser has to be fixed to load col-16. It can be done.
- Kalpana will look into modifying the script.
- Doug- Can the modified script be made available to the ModMines also? Yes, Kalpana can change the script and check it in.
- Rama will contact curators at individual groups to test GOMine.
- YeastMine/SGD made several 2 min video tutorials to educate users (http://www.yeastgenome.org/help/video-tutorials/yeastmine). Since the basic concept of using templates/lists are the same between YeastMine and GOMine, curators can see these videos to get familiar with GOMine features.