Annotation Conf. Call, July 12, 2011
From GO Wiki
Previous action items:
- Any curators wishing to join the next Apoptosis Content call on the 20th July please get in touch with Paola.
- Proposed QC checks will be implemented as 'soft' ones, as they can be seen as identifying sub-optimal but not necessarily incorrect annotations. This will mean curators encouraged to improve these annotations but they will not be automatically removed from GAFs on the GOC site.
- Suboptimal GO annotations highlighted by soft QC checks should be highlighted by AmiGO, encouraging groups to correct their data. Such checks will also be implemented via the web-based GAF validator demo'd by Amelia at the last GOC meeting.
- For Ontology Developers: Subsetdef: high_level_annotation_qc "High-level terms not to be used for direct annotation". Such information should only be included in the subset field of the OBO file, not also the comment; due to possible resulting redundancy issues (Chris)
- The transcription annotation jamboree will be held on during the regular annotation call scheduled for the 26th of July.
- Examples of issues curators have had in using transcription GO terms in annotations, from at specific experimental data publications, should be posted on:http://gocwiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Transcription_jamboree
Examples will be circulated the week before the jamboree. Focus to be on the Reference Genome targets, however other gene products can also be included in the discussions.
- Call for volunteers to adopt a GO annotation guidance page (contact Emily and Rama)
- Feedback requested for GO web draft: http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/GO_annotation_fields_required_for_correct_display