Annotation Conf. Call 2019-06-11
From GO Wiki
Proposal for revising 'oligomerization' terms and annotations in GO
- The use of 'oligomerization' terms in the BP and MF branches of the ontology has been a long-standing issue in GO.
- We now have a proposal for obsoleting and merging a number of these terms.
- This will require some annotation review, but will result in more consistent and clearer annotation that is within the intended scope of GO.
- The proposal is currently a Google doc that we would like to present and discuss.
Proposal to remove/merge the BP branch 'regulation of molecular function'
Val/Pascale This branch doesn't represent a specific process; it's a mix of 'regulator activities' that should be annotated to the correct MF, and to a more appropriate process, and 'regulation of signaling' (etc)
- Present: Chris, David, Dmitry, Dustin, Edith, Giulia, Harold, Judy, Karen, Kimberly, Li, Marie-Claire, Michele, Midori, Pascale, Patrick, Petra, Seth, Suzi A, Tom, Val