Deleting Asserted Subclasses
From GO Wiki
See Ontology_Editors_Daily_Workflow for creating branches and basic Protégé instructions.
- Asserted is_a parents do not need to be retained as entries in the SubClass of section of the Description window in Protege if the logical definition for a term results in their inference.
- If you have created a logical definition for your term, you can delete the asserted is_a parent by clicking on the X to the right term.
- Once you synchronize the Reasoner, you will see the reasoned classification of your new term, including the inferred is_a parent(s).
- If the inferred classification does not contain the correct parentage, or doesn’t make sense, then you will need to modify the logical definition.
- If an existing term contains a logical definition and still shows an asserted is_a parent in the ‘SubClass of’ section, you may delete that asserted parent, as well.
- Make sure to run the Reasoner to check that the asserted parent is now replaced with the correct reasoned parent(s).
See Ontology_Editors_Daily_Workflow for commit, push and merge instructions.
Last reviewed: May 24, 2017 Back to: Ontology Editing Guide