Electronic jamboree july18-2008 (Archived)
Planning of the day
- On Thursday (or before!), US people can start looking at annotations for chosen gene sets
- UK people will meet at 9;30
- 3pm BST/10 am eastern/7 am pacific - conference call using webex and phone conference - link up with US on eastern and central time. discuss annotation issues that have arisen, go round the groups to find out if any species have found any interesting differences in their annotation set.
- 5pm/12 eastern/9 am pacific - west coast (PTZ) will join phone conference until 6 pm
- annotations are to be temporarily stored in the GOnuts wiki: http://gowiki.tamu.edu/wiki/index.php/Electronic_Jamboree
Suggested discussion topics
- Usage of the IC code (all UK curators)
Can IC annotations be created from ISS annotations? From the evidence code guide: ‘The IC evidence code is to be used for those cases where an annotation is not supported by any direct evidence, but can be reasonably inferred by a curator from other GO annotations, for which evidence is available.’
- there is no direct mention that the evidence has to be experimental, however curators here have remembered that this might have been a requirement, but also allowing ISS as well?
If this is allowed, what would you add to the reference column? The PMID of the paper ISS’d data from? e.g. ATP-binding and ATPase activity
- General in defence adding ‘inhibitor binding’ to the GO (RL)
Genes to be annotated
GCH1 - GTP cyclohydrolase 1 (UniProtKB:P30793, RefSeq: NM_001024024, Entrez Gene: 2643, OMIM: 600225) Involved in co-factor biosynthesis. GCH1 is the rate-limiting enzyme for the biosynthesis of tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4), the cofactor for tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), which is the first and rate-limiting enzyme of Dopamine synthesis.
HSPD1 - 60kDa heat shock protein, mitochondrial (UniProtKB: P10809, RefSeq: NP_002147.2., OMIM:118190) Implicated in mitochondrial protein import and macromolecular assembly. May facilitate the correct folding of imported proteins. May also prevent misfolding and promote the refolding and proper assembly of unfolded polypeptides generated under stress conditions in the mitochondrial matrix.
Comments on jamboree
Return to Reference_Genome_Annotation_Project