GO 3rd Advisors Meeting
From GO Wiki
September 25th, 2007 Princeton, New Jersey
- Meeting Location
- Prospect House - Presidential Dining Room
Prospect House Washington St Princeton, NJ 08544 (609) 258-3455 www.princeton.edu/prospecthouse/
Lunch Location: Prospect House - Library
- Dinner - dinner reservations at Mediterra
Mediterra 29 Hulfish St Princeton, NJ 08542 (609) 252-9680
- Nassau Inn
Nassau Inn 10 Palmer Sq E Princeton, NJ 08542 (609) 921-7500 www.nassauinn.com
Scientific Advisory Board Members
- David Botstein, Princeton University
- Ian Dix(not attending), AstraZeneca
- Lynette Hirschman(not attending), Mitre Corporation
- Larry Hunter, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Craig Neville-Manning; Google
- Barry Smith, University of Buffalo
- David States, University of Michigan
- Peter Tarczy-Hornach, University of Washington
- Simon Tavare Cambridge University
- Mike Tyers, Edinburgh University
Questions for the Scientific Advisory Board
- What criteria should we use to collect and prioritize genes for the reference genomes?
- What measures would be effective for assessing progress on the reference genome projects? That is, the accuracy and level of detail for individual genes, and coverage of all functional elements across the genome.
- Given our limited resources, what other groups might we work with that would provide maximal benefit to both?
- What are the key parameters to keep the GO central to biology? That is, how do we keep moving forward?
- How can we create an incentive to motivate groups to improve computational methods for functional annotation prediction?
- 0830-0900 Introductions; Review Agenda and Objectives for this day.
- Since we have just the one day, it will be important to establish at the start what we hope to accomplish. We seek the input and expertise of the SAB to evaluate the progress and priorities of the GOC taking into strong consideration the aims of the funding GOC grant yet recognizing the demands of the current scientific research environment and developments.
- The plan here is to spend the morning in a review of current progress, and the afternoon in discussion led by the concerns and interests of the SAB.
- 0900 - 0945 Ontology Development
We will maintain comprehensive, logically rigorous and biologically accurate ontologies..
- PI Lead: Suzi Lewis
- Ontology Structure Lead: Chris Mungall
- Ontology Biological Content Leads: Midori Harris, David Hill, Karen Eilbeck
- Working Group: OBO_Edit Working Group
- This report will include biological content of ontology development (content meetings)as well as changes to the ontology structure including ""is_a complete"", disjointedness, progress on edges between function and process, and introduction of new relationship (regulates).
- 945 - 1030 Reference Genome Project
We will comprehensively annotate reference genomes in as complete detail as possible.
- PI Lead: Judy Blake
- Project Leads: Pascale Gaudet and Rex Chisholm
- This report will include strategies, priorities, progress and metrics relative to the Reference Genome Annotation Project
- 1030 - 1045 Break
- 1045 - 1115 Annotation Outreach and User Support
We will support annotation across all organisms.
- PI Lead: Michael Ashburner
- Project Leads: Jen Deegan
- This report will include a summary of annotation outreach efforts including the development of documentation for new annotation groups.
Talk slides: Media:outreach_princeton.ppt
- 1115 - 1200 Providing Tools and Resources for Users; User Support
We will provide our annotations and tools to the research community.
- PI Lead: Mike Cherry
- Project Leads: Eurie Hong, Jane Lomax, Ben Hitz, Chris Mungall
- Working Groups: AmiGO working group;
- This report will include information about production database and AmiGO as well as direct user support via HelpDesk and user documentation.
- 1200 Lunch
- 0100 - 0300 Open Discussion with SAB
- 0300 - 0330 Break
- 0330 - 0500 At discretion of SAB
- Grant-Related Materials
- Final Research Proposal:File:GO 2006 GRANTproposal final.doc
- GOC Progress Report
- Minutes from GOC meeting: Jesus College,Cambridge; Jan 2007
- Raw minutes from GOC meeting: Princeton, Day 1, Day 2, Outstanding Action Items from 17th GOC Meeting, Cambridge UK