Inferred from Biological aspect of Ancestor (IBA)
From GO Wiki
- IBA is a type of phylogenetic evidence whereby an aspect of a descendent is inferred through the characterization of an aspect of an ancestral gene.
- The principles underlying phylogenetic-based annotation are described further in the Phylogenetic annotation overview, but briefly, this annotation pipeline relies on phylogenetic analyses to transfer annotations amongst related sequences based on common ancestry.
- Further information may be found in Phylogenetic-based propagation of functional annotations within the Gene Ontology consortium by Gaudet et al., 2011.
Examples of IBA Usage
|DB Object ID||DB Object Symbol||GO ID||DB:Reference||Evidence Code||With (or) From|
Use of the With/From Field for IBA
- Use of the With/From field is mandatory for IBA annotations.
- Typically, a unique identifier for a Panther family tree node, e.g. PANTHER:PTN000280277, is used in the With/From field for IBA.
When IBA Should NOT be Used
Quality Control Checks
Evidence and Conclusion Ontology
Last reviewed: February 28, 2018