Inferred from Experiment (EXP)
From GO Wiki
- This code is used to indicate that experimental results support annotation of a gene product's molecular function, role in a biological process, or subcellular location.
- The EXP code is the parent code for the IDA, IPI, IMP, IGI and IEP experimental codes.
- The EXP evidence code can be used where any of the assays described for the IDA, IPI, IMP, IGI, or IEP evidence codes is reported.
- However, curators should annotate to one of the more specific experimental codes (IDA, IPI, IMP, IGI, or IEP) instead of EXP.
Examples of EXP Usage
|DB Object ID||DB Object Symbol||GO ID||DB:Reference||Evidence Code||With (or) From|
|PomBase:SPAC4A8.03c||protein phosphatase 2C Ptc4||GO:0033549 (MAP kinase phosphatase activity)||PMID:22139357||EXP|
Use of the With/From Field for EXP
- No value should be entered into the With/From field for EXP annotations.
When EXP Should NOT be Used
- EXP should not be used when a more specific experimental evidence code can be applied.
Quality Control Checks
- Not applicable
Evidence and Conclusion Ontology
Last reviewed: January 30, 2018