Instructions for AmiGO chat
From GO Wiki
Here are the instructions to set up the IRC channel for the AmiGO chats. The Mac OS X and Windows instructions may be a bit dated.
So many choices, likely something like Empathy or Pidgin.
- ) The server is "irc.macnn.com".
- ) The channel will be "#AmiGO".
Mac OS X
- Download the Apple IRC Client called "Conversation" from http://homepage.mac.com/philrobin/conversation/
- Install and run the application.
- Enter a name, username and nickname for yourself. It doesn't matter what you choose, as long as your nickname is something that is unlikely to be used by someone else.
- Select irc.macnn.com in the server list menu.
- Go to the File menu and choose "New..."
- Choose "Channel" from the dropdown on the top of the window. Type "AmiGO" into the text box at the bottom of the screen, and choose "Open & Add to Favorites" from the menu to the right.
- You should be connected!
- Download the Windows IRC Client called "mIRC" from http://www.mirc.com
- Install and run the application
- Enter a full name, email address, nickname and alternative nickname. It doesn't matter what you choose, as long as your nickname is something that is unlikely to be used by someone else. Click ok.
- Go to the File menu and choose "Select server..."
- Click the "Add" button
- Enter "AmiGO server" in description, "irc.macnn.com" under server, and "AmiGO" under group. Click the "Add" button.
- Your new irc server will be selected. Click the "Connect to Server button".
- A popup window will say "Enter a channel name and click join". Enter "#AmiGO" and click the "Join" button.
- You're in!