Reporting on current priorities:
- Implementation of the JIRA project management software for the GO Consortium [Jane and Emily]
- We've been having a play with the GO Jira instance, adding some issues to see how it might work. All managers should have received a login. Have formed an ad-hoc WG which consists of Jane, David, Emily and Tanya. Anyone else want to join?
There will be a demo of TAIR's resource Thursday at 10:30AM EDST. Rama and Kimberly will join the working group.
- Common Annotation Framework. Determine the directions and deliverables for the next year.
Prototype up by the end of year #1.
- Full documentation of the minimal/ideal annotation format, including the gp2protein, gp2rna formats. (are the PIs/managers happy for the current draft circulated on the email list to be published on the wiki?) http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Core_Consortium_annotation_activities
Lots of discussion of ID mapping. Bottom line is who's responsibility is it? MODS? GOCs? UniProt? Why not just use a resource that is already in place?
On going items
PIs will work on this.
From last annotation call: Working group on chain-of-evidence/annotation ids required?
- What should we be using instead of WebEx? We need to make an announcement to GOC. [Jane]
David has sent a note to the GOC. We will see what people like and see if there is something free that we can use.
- Date for the next GOC meeting (Doodle GO PIs/council?)
PIs will decide.