Manager 21Sep11

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

Paper/poster for AMIA

AMIA (the association for informatics professionals), poster deadline is Oct 21st. It is a good meeting. It brings together a good group of diverse people. Judy thinks it's well worth someone going. Do we know when a paper is due? August 19th too late. Judy will take the lead and find someone in the SF area to go.

  • AI: Judy and Chris will coordinate (if there is anything to coordinate)

NAR paper

(Submission deadline is Sept 15) Emily will come up with a stats table by Monday morning. Everyone will get comments to David by the end of the week. He will send out an updated version early next week.

  • DONE, David submitted last week

GOC meeting in November

  • Agenda is here : 2011_UCL_Meeting_Agenda
  • What do folks think about including an IMEX talk to see how groups are/could contribute/use this protein-protein interaction curation resource? (Emily) IMEX makes high-quality interaction data. We have spoken about how we could interact with them. Since the meeting will be held in London, perhaps they could come down and speak to us.Since we are in London, it would make sense to have them come down. Emily will set this up. Approved - already on the agenda.
  • Wed afternoon David OS and Chris will give a tutorial on OBO-Edit /reasoner/inference ~2h
    • David suggests having it part of the meeting itself.
  • We will start the GOC meeting a bit later in the morning, 9:30. The dinner will be on whichever night is easiest. We will start adding things to the agenda.

Coordinating a response PMID: 21695233

Paul is coordinating a response to this paper