Manager 26Jan11

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Present: Pascale, David, Judy, Emily, Paul S, Rama, Mike C, Chris

  • Agenda: David
  • Minutes: Chris

Should InterPro annotations be attributed to InterPro in column 15?

See email thread: 'standardizing col. 15'

Old Business

  • Management tasks
    • David will figure out a way to get the MGI Curator's report to go to the entire GO group. Since so many small changes are made to term definitions that have no effect on annotation correctness we will not obsolete terms if we think the annotations will not be incorrect. Annotators will use the reports to refine their annotations if they think it is warranted. Annotators will also provide feedback to ontology developers.
    • Judy would like to review the timelines. The idea would be to discuss as a group the priorities to see how we can depend and help each other. We will be prepared to do this for the next meeting. We will do this as a group. We will create a new bullet for the time lines on the manager's page (David to do).
    • Next GOC Meeting
      • May 19-21st in Southern California.
  • Reference genome
    • PAINT annotations.
      • What are the roadblocks to the process that we could overcome by working on it further. What can't we do now that we would like to see? On a gene page, it would be nice to see the links to the family. This would be nice for a term page as well. Would also like to be able to search and sort on the families. Pascale will track down the requirements on the wiki and re-send it to the software group. We need to decide where this fits in and set a priority for it.

New Business

  • Proposal to tackle endocrine processes in GO.
  • Who is going to tackle SF when Midori leaves at the end of February?
  • Short EBI grant from Apo-Sys available to tackle apotosis in GO. Essential component is a GO Apoptosis workshop at the beginning of June. (Emily)
  • InterPro2GO mapping method to be developed (Emily)

Paper on GAF (Rama)

We (SGD) recently wanted to provide a reference for the GAF file format and realized that other than the website, we don't have an official publication. What do you think about writing a paper in the context of the 2 new columns?