From GO Wiki
Present: Rama, Rachael, Pascale, Jane, Chris, Huaiyu, Kimberly, Paul T.
- GOC Progress Reports
- For grant specific aims, send items to Judy?
- What time frame is required? From March 1st 2013
- Is this a nine month report?
- Paul T. - can just write the report for the past year
- Conference Call - Extending Protein2GO to non-UniProtKB identifiers
- Participating groups so far: UniProt-GOA, SGD, Berkeley, WB, FlyBase, MGI, AgBase
- Missing: Ecoli Wiki, BHF-UCL, DFLAT
- Best time so far is Monday, 9/12 at 12:00pm EST, but need Tony and/or Maria
- Spreadsheet asking for:
- Types of identifiers
- Approximate number of expected annotations - 10s, 100s, 1000s?
- Stability of IDs - can they be mapped forward with updates? how frequently to update?
- Histone-Specific Annotations
- Is this an ontology issue or annotation issue or both?
- Jane - need to devise strategies for how we might handle this
- Chris - coordinate with PRO wherever possible
- One issue - how well are residues conserved amongst different species?
- Having some real data, use cases would be helpful here; Val might have some examples
- On next annotation call try to come up with a plan of action