Manager Call 2016-04-06

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

Geneva GO Meeting - Shore up agenda?

Find the latest version of the GOC 2016 Meeting Agenda.

Items submitted for agenda:

  • Annotation of protein complexes, Sandra Orchard, 15 min talk, 15 min discussion, Friday.
  • InterPro2GO, Amaia Sangrador, 15 min talk, 5 min discussion, Friday.
  • Flash updates on ontology stats and ontology focused projects, Melanie/David OS/Paola, 45 min talk total (among the 3 of us), 15 min discussion, Friday anytime or Saturday morning.
  • Flash update on changes to Drupal website (Moni, PaulT)
  • Flash update on AmiGO, including work on parallel projectes, e.g. planteome (Seth)
  • Flash update on QuickGO (Tony)
  • Protein2GO updates and LEGO/Noctua bridging (Aleksandra)
  • LEGO/Reactome bridging (Seth)
  • Noctua/LEGO workshop - Friday afternoon - 3 hours?
    • Introduction to the tool using an annotation consistency exercise?
  • Addressing curation redundancy (http://jira.geneontology.org/browse/GO-1131) (Val?)
  • GO annotation statistics - PaulT
  • Set of files we produce and their format. Updated GPAD spec with extra columns (Tony)
  • Out-of-date JCVI annotations (https://trello.com/c/YRSPkeJb/157-out-of-date-jcvi-annotations). A proposal was made to retire JCVI files and make sure that as many of their experimental annotations as possible (41 in QuickGO) can consistently live on corresponding UniProt entries. Feedback?
  • GO website community annotation page and forms for contributors to complete (Ruth/Val 5 min presentation, 10 min discussion?) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mvMpW09kksDQ6QVpVf5O-0DOl9xbq_JaC4efOzogdus/edit?usp=sharing
  • Relations used for Biological Process annotations. In Barcelona, we proposed implementing an additional relation to capture the ambiguity of a gene's relation to a Biological Process. The implementation never happened, and with GAF outputs of LEGO models, the question becomes even more critical. It would be good to re-visit this issue, discuss the various proposals that have been made, and see if we still think it's appropriate to add this relation and if so, what steps need to be taken to do it. (Kimberly - 1 hour?)
  • Synapse project update (David OS, Paul T, Ruth L)
  • Making automation automatic - rationalising the inference pipeline (David OS)

Minutes

All items above were deemed reasonable and to be discussed at the GO meeting in Geneva. Judy volunteered to reorganise the list in preparation for the GO tops call tonight. We discussed logistic constraints: Sandra/Birgit and Amaia will be there only on the Friday, Helen P flies in on Friday morning (ETA 11 am at meeting) We should discuss protein complexes annotations on Friday morning - Judy and Cecilia from PRO will be there too. We will have a session on community facing, which will include drupal website from Moni/Paul, the website update proposed by Ruth/Val and the flash updates on AmiGO and QuickGO. The discussion about bridging between P2GO and LEGO/Noctua as well as the relations used for Biological Process annotations will be part of the Noctua workshop on Friday afternoon. Kimberly will send a paper for the Noctua workshop.

Action item: All to review Geneva meeting agenda at http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/2016_Geneva_GOC_Meeting_Agenda tomorrow April 7th once it has been edited by Judy and discussed by the GO tops.