Manager Call 2016-09-07

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

NAR paper

Review Trello board

Minutes

Present: Chris, David H., Judy, Kimberly, Melanie, Moni, Pascale, Suzi, Chris

Regrets:

LEGO/Noctua

  • Seth working on development when he can; resources an issue for more concentrated effort here
  • Generally seems the EBI training session went well
  • Newer annotators embrace the tool and annotation paradigm more readily than curators who've been annotating GO for a long time
  • Create an FAQ to accompany the QuickStart guide?
  • Converging on a consistent set of interface upgrades - this should help prioritize the development work
  • Need to work out the different workflows that curators could use, e.g. a form interface vs the graphical interface
  • Templates were also a common request

Other Hinxton Meetings

  • Chris, David OS, and Tony talked about consistent inferences between Protein2GO and GOC
    • Discuss on a future annotation call
  • Chris, David OS talked about insect anatomy and UBERON

Protein2GO

  • Still down as the EBI sorts out the issues with the shutdown

AGR and Plans for Next GO Grant Cycle

Ontology Development

  • Ontology development will take a hit in February when EBI office is no longer with us
  • We need to discuss how this will be handled and make plans
  • Do we need another GO funded person? Any interest from anyone else in the GOC?
  • Noctua will make ontology requests easier, but there's still more work than for just one person (David H.)

Help Desk

  • We will also lose UniProt for GO helpdesk rota, as well

Conference Calls

  • Combine ontology, annotation, LEGO, PAINT groups/calls into one uber-call every Tuesday?
  • Will need to be strict with the agenda to make sure we focus on most important consortium-wide issues and strategies to accomplish them
  • Might still need to have a more development-centric LEGO call
  • Will be re-instating the GAF/GPAD Wednesday call with Jim

Trello Board Review

  • Did everyone update their Trello entries?
  • Y: Pascale, Moni
  • Others - please look and update
  • Will probably need to refresh, especially when we have a better idea of what the new grant will be funding
  • Current items are of varying degrees of importance and granularity
  • Should start over with the Trello board (could do this now) and just make sure we don't lose anything currently there and still mission-critical
  • Could we better employ github for some of this work tracking? Another system out there that would help?
  • Can create labels and make links between github and Trello, e.g. showstopper
  • AI: by next manager's call (2016-09-21) we will aim to review the Trello board items and priorities
  • AI: please check Trello messages as there may be specific comments directed towards you

NAR Paper

  • Outline is in the GO drive on Google docs
  • Paola has already added text to the outline
  • David OS - could add a brief section on synapse project?
  • AI: everyone should give a few hours time to the section that is relevant to them so we can start to put the paper together