Manager Call 2018-06-07
From GO Wiki
Review action points from NYC meeting
No tickets created:
- ACTION ITEM: Share presentations, teaching materials for GO presentations at non-GO conferences and meetings; send GOC members to meetings as ‘GO representatives’. Update GO calendar with conferences that GOC members are attending, then broadcast this to GOC social media sites.
GO’ll fix it
- ACTION ITEM: Schedule a hackathon for developers.
- ACTION ITEM: Managers meeting - review call for annotation documentation from consortium members.
- Are we still updating GAF specifications? https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/issues/674
Process for adding annotations from non-consortium groups
Communicating with users
How about creating a repo that people can sign up for, or just as they want ? This would include
- changes in file format
- obsoletion and merge notices
- Other important ontology changes
- QC announcements
- GO meeting announcements
- create a simple challenge form? (see noctua new user form)
- licensing and "remix" for upstream sources (e.g. Reactome)
- licensing sign-over or statement (annotation input)
- zenodo and user metadata; proposal: "active" users and cull users.yaml (possibly a small sub-group from there, about half an hour)
- Laurent-Philippe: collect information / links / contacts about the GO user communities (e.g. R/bioconductor and ?)
- (Pascale) Rules, especially taxon checks: can we have this for the July release? https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/1928
- On call: Chris, David, Huaiyu, Judy, Kimberly, Nomi, Pascale, Seth, Suzi A., Suzi L.