Manager Call 2018-08-01
- Check topics from last call: http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Manager_Call_2018-07-19
Feedback form update
Are we going to have a form ?
- Yes, Seth is working on paying for Tender, yearly plan
- Hopefully resolved by next week
- (Chris: USC can pay if needed)
New GO-announcement repo
Done: obo-discuss, go-friends, isb
Anything else ?
New GAF Submissions
Need to create a protocol for new website
Case 1: Existing organism, new group:
See mail thread related to https://github.com/geneontology/helpdesk/issues/143
- Contact both groups, have them discuss who "official" ('authoritative') owner should be
- Official owners need to be on calls, mailing lists, aware of current practices/tools, etc.
- Verify official source's membership on all official mailing lists
Case 2: New Organism, new group:
Made own IEAs "using Canopi", http://www.aggenome.com/bioinformatics-services#
- InterPro2GO is accepted source of IEAs for non-MODs. Manual annotations can be accepted, not IEAs.
- Canopi, others tools can't be reproduced
Outreach coordinator role
GO outreach job description:
- Helpdesk: Responsible for assisting users with questions regarding biological/scientific aspects of GO Consortium
- Helpdesk: triage and tracks requests using the GitHub & Tender Helpdesk systems
- Helpdesk: Follow up on answers or forward user queries, as appropriate, and tracks responses.
- Documentation: work closely with the GOC software team as new software is implemented to ensure that new users help documents are written, and existing documents updated.
- Documentation: develop online turorials and FAQs, including pictorial step-by-step instructions, and animated videos.
- Documentation: responsible for developing problem sets and tutorials for training sessions, as well as tutorials for the GO website.
- Communication: organize training sessions at conferences and meetings and at road shows given at other institutions.
- Communication: maintains the Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Communication: reach out to outside groups for key organisms, ensure groups are on calls/mailing lists/meetings/ etc.
Everyone please review this list, see if we agree with the points/want to add anything, then PIs can work on assigning tasks to specific people List needs to be prioritized.
- Action Item (?) for Montreal-define all roles within GO, not just outreach
Ontology Editors' Meeting
- Geneva in December 2nd or 3rd week (push for 1st weekend from DavidH)
- Logical definitions and design patterns
- Troubleshooting conflicts
- GO-Rhea-Reactome alignment-- moving forward
- GH tickets!
- Attendees-- DavidH, Pascale (Host), Kimberly, Harold, Karen, PeterD?(get him funded?), Chris, Ben?, Alan and Anne (for at least the Rhea part)
Discuss with PIs: Let Kimberly/Pascale know if there are barriers to having this meeting (money, etc.)
Logistics: Alternative plan = Split into two meetings, one US (North Carolina?)/one Geneva
KVB to ask Tony/George about this, request to have Tony make official ticket Added to Annotation call on 14th August
GO Web Site Migration
Drupal move: new home of documentation is https://github.com/geneontology/go-docs/tree/master/documentations