Manager Call 2018-12-05
- Abstract for biocuration? Moving towards a common shared curation community. No-one volunteering to steer right now. Technical updates or curation-centric?
- Who is attending ISB (Please add here)?
- Reminder that each WG (ontology, annotation, PAINT, outreach, QC) and annotation group needs to submit a report
- No template for WG.
- Reports are to be submitted in the Google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qoT_E4R_rrkEpDwjqtyfvqrgt66v5Xp9
- Need to add plans for next year as well.
Next few weeks
- Alliance grant due Jan 31; Xmas holidays coming up
- What is the impact on the work that people can do on GO? (esp: Chris, Seth, Kimberly, David - anyone else directly involved in Alliance and also key in GO?)
- We need to be aware of this.
Follow up on priorities
- Release tasks update
- Is the pipeline in complete order? No, not yet. Seth is continuing to plug away at it.
- GO website migration: Suzi L/Laurent-Philippe: Aim: Dec 1 -> Is this still the plan ?
- There are still a few items with respect to the display of the pages. We are still working on migrating the original pages for the redirect.
- Do we need to make sure all the old links are valid? One strategy would be to just let it go. The redirects would take a week or so. What would be the community standard? We need to take that into consideration. Check the tracker for open tickets. SuzyA, Seth and Laurent-Philippe will work together to deploy the site.
- What will happen with the help desk?
- Noctua+GO-CAM repository: Moving existing non-GO-CAM annotations to GO central: Jim, Ben, Chris, Seth: strategy
- Explore the first import on Noctua development. Mouse or worm? Chris say the smaller.
- We will create a project for this.
- We need to work out the partitioning of models. Dustin can probably help.
Montreal Action items
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13BIc-zYaxIkIfK21Jhfk74pNq2jvtjepFdSGd6twpdw/edit# Pascale converted all AIs into tickets or discussion points here or on the annotation call.
- We need to act on the ones about questions for Tony?
EXCEPT: TO DISCUSS:
- Create working group to coordinate integration of IEAs (single source ideally): priority? Objective (date)
- Catalog all of the IEAs that people already have and how do they get them?
Anything we need to ask Tony before he leaves ? There are a few items highlighted in yellow in the GOC meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13BIc-zYaxIkIfK21Jhfk74pNq2jvtjepFdSGd6twpdw/edit# Do we need to ask anything ?
- We should ask Tony what Tony would ask Tony before he leaves.
- We should let people know where to link for GO files. Some are still going to svn and ftp.
Early February in LA?
Proposed aims (David, Kimberly, Pascale):
- import of legacy annotations & GP2term relations
- also for importing legacy annotations - mapping existing annotation extensions to GO-CAM models
- We will follow up by email, but it is looking like late February.
DavidH, Suzy, Judy, Pascale, Suzi, Kimberly, Seth, Laurent-Philippe, PaulT