Manager Call 2018-12-19
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Meeting schedule
- 2.2 ISB - April, 2019
- 2.3 Annual Progress Report
- 2.4 Alliance Grant Renewal
- 2.5 Outreach
- 2.6 Current high-priority projects
- 2.7 Next f2f meeting
Moving to weekly meetings for managers
Abstract for biocuration
(Abstracts must be submitted by December 21, 2018)? Moving towards a common shared curation community. No-one volunteering to steer right now. Technical updates or curation-centric?
- Who is attending ISB (Please add here)?
- Suzi A
- Kimberly VA
- Reports are to be submitted in the Google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qoT_E4R_rrkEpDwjqtyfvqrgt66v5Xp9
- Next: Paul and Pascale to draft the overall report using some materials from individual reports.
Next few weeks
- Alliance grant due Jan 31; Xmas holidays coming up
- What is the impact on the work that people can do on GO? (esp: Chris, Seth, Kimberly, David - anyone else directly involved in Alliance and also key in GO?)
- We need to be aware of this.
- Pascale away until Feb 4th.
Outreach: GO webinars
Suggestion from PIs + follow discussion Kimberly, David, Pascale
- Time to be defined
- One GO user/GO tool developer would present ~30 minutes + some discussion
- Goal is to be more in touch with our users, perhaps also help drive decisions as we hear more specific use cases
Outreach proposal: reddit
GO-themed "Ask me anything" on Reddit, maybe during the GO meetings when everyone's captive. Similar to these
Outreach: External Group contact
Should be Suzi A.
- OBO Foundry
- ...any other groups??
Follow up on priorities
- Release tasks update
- GO website migration:
- What will happen with the help desk?
- Noctua+GO-CAM repository: Moving existing non-GO-CAM annotations to GO central: Jim, Ben, Chris, Seth: strategy
- Created a project: https://github.com/orgs/geneontology/projects/34
Early February in LA?
Proposed aims (David, Kimberly, Pascale):
- import of legacy annotations & GP2term relations
- also for importing legacy annotations - mapping existing annotation extensions to GO-CAM models
- We will follow up by email, but it is looking like late February.
- On call: Chris, David, Huaiyu, Judy, Kimberly, Pascale, Seth, Suzi L., Suzy A.
- Will move to weekly meetings starting in January
- Calls will be focused on discussion of each project's status and priorities
- Also include communication from the PI call about decisions, priorities
- Pascale will create rota for Agenda and Minutes for 2019
ISB - April, 2019
- Suzy A will submit for new GO website for outreach session (poster)
- Laurent-Philippe will submit an abstract for GO-CAM (talk)
Annual Progress Report
- Pascale is trying to collate everything from the individual reports
- PIs will now take charge of writing the final report
Alliance Grant Renewal
- 5-yr proposal, due January 25th
- PIs may be less available during January, but otherwise GO efforts should not be affected
- Invite a GO user and/or tool developer to give a consortium-wide webinar
- Suzy A will start compiling a list of potential speakers, work on organization
- GO should also reach out and give seminars/webinars to our users
GO on Reddit
- Suzy A will investigate setting something up for GO
External group contacts
- David forwarded an email he got wrt licensing, etc. to Suzy A
- If you know of other sites that have substantial GO content, please forward them to Suzy
Current high-priority projects
GO data release pipeline
- Will soon move all the way through the automated pipeline
- Want to merge Noctua annotations into main annotation file
- Need to update documentation to make it clear how groups should retrieve files
- Need to re-visit documentation for gpad/gpi submission so groups understand that these files should correspond to the MOD- or group-specific entities
- Testing new site, links
- Help email will stay as is for now
Migrating whole genomes into Noctua
- Dustin has started parsing WB GAF for gene-specific models
Next f2f meeting
- Trying for some time in February
- Initially proposed to work on whole genome's worth of import
- Other GO-CAM-related work, e.g. file pipelines, templates, merging models, etc. would be good