Manager Call 2019-01-09

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

2018 Progress Report

  • Anything more needed here?

Upcoming Meetings

Next working meeting

  • Last week of January (LA or Berkeley?)
  • Proposed aims (David, Kimberly, Pascale):

Continuation of Reactome Pathways2GO project

  • Begin with weekly virtual meeting to examine specific pathways (Ben, David, Kimberly, Peter, Huaiyu, Chris, PaulT)
    • Canonical Glycolysis
    • MAPK signaling
    • Wnt signaling
    •  ?
  • Propose a face2face mini-meeting some time in late February in NYC with Peter (at least Kimberly and David; maybe others)?

ISB Meeting

  • What has been submitted?
    • Laurent-Philippe
    • Suzi A
  • Who is attending ISB?
    • Please add here:
      • Suzi A
      • Kimberly VA

GOC Meeting in Cambridge

  • Scheduled for two full days April 11-12.
  • Should we go ahead and book travel?
  • Need to start working on the agenda.

Priorities/Goals for 2019

  • Discussed annotation group priorities on the 2019-01-09 conference call.
  • Other groups - ontology, software, outreach, QC/QA?
    • Outreach - virtual seminar series, GO on reddit

Site refresh

Test site at: http://test.geneontology.io

Final critical items https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/issues/789

Minutes

  • On call: Chris, David, Judy, Kimberly, Seth, Suzi A

2018 Progress Report

  • Exact due date?
  • PIs will discuss on today's call to see if there's more that needs to be done

Upcoming Meetings

Next working meeting

  • Need to talk with someone from USC about funds, where to have the meeting
  • Reviewed draft agenda; generally okay but will need refinement to become a proper agenda
  • Some pre-meetings would be helpful; K will send a Doodle poll

Continuation of Reactome Pathways2GO project

  • Will try to meet Wednesday afternoons to continue the work from Geneva

ISB Meeting

  • Looks like GO will be well represented

GOC Meeting in Cambridge

  • Need to talk with Val and Helen about accommodations and schedule
  • Two days is a little shorter than our usual meeting

Priorities/Plans for 2091

  • Annotation group discussed on Tuesday call
  • Outreach - virtual seminar series - please send suggestions for speakers to Suzi A
  • Informatics - need to finish up a few more things wrt the pipeline (e.g. converting some of Heiko's old code to python)
  • Website - nearly ready to deploy new website but need final round of testing
    • Suzi A has a list of things still to be done/checked and will add that to the github go-site ticket