Manager Call 2019-02-13
From GO Wiki
Present: Judy, David, PaulT, Seth, Laurent-Philippe, Kimberly, Huaiyu, Chris, SuziA
- How to manage "unmanaged" external2go mappings (http://viewvc.geneontology.org/viewvc/GO-SVN/trunk/external2go/) ?
- Do we want to take these over? Trying to sunset the SVN things that are still out there.
- Getting rid of legacy SVN use (http://geneontology.org/docs/SVN-access/)
- Proposed new GPAD specs allow for only one ID per reference (PMID)
- This has implications for what is listed, and available for linkout, in AmiGO
- Do we need to re-visit this decision?
Other project Reports
Curating Preprints in bioRxiv
- Good discussion on the pros/cons of curating preprints, especially those found in bioRxiv
- Although most groups would not choose to do this right now, we concluded that if a curator feels strongly that there is valuable information in a bioRxiv preprint, they may curate that paper
- Proposed SOP (to be presented on manager's call for final approval):
- Curator should determine that the preprint is the only published source of the data and that the data is of high quality
- GO annotations can be made as usual, citing the unique accession of the preprint
- If and when the preprint appears as a peer-reviewed publication, the curator needs to review the paper again, perhaps in collaboration with the authors, to make certain that the annotations are still correct
- Existing and/or new annotations from the paper will then be updated to cite the accession for the peer-reviewed paper