Manager Call 2019-07-31
- Agenda: Kimberly
- Minutes: Laurent-Philippe
GO presence in conferences
General discussions about GO presence in international conferences. Be more proactive in presence GO and what we do. How about ISMB GO Track ?
- create a wiki page to reference most important meetings
- proposition: managers decide who goes to these meetings
- then the poster / talk is added as a reference to the wiki
- try to have those information available on the go web site too
Starting after the vacations (week after next?) we'd like to have reports on 2-3 projects at each managers call. Product owners/techleads who want to report should add to the agenda. Otherwise/in addition we'll have a rota to make sure we hear from each project.
Proposals for first presentations:
- Pathway2GO (David)
- GO-stats (LP/Pascale)
- GO-CAM specs (Kimberly/Pascale)
GO meeting Paris May 2020
Think about requirements (e.g. workshops / user meetings and announcements) May 17-20: Bar harbor meeting, meeting should be before
Also holidays on 1st, 8, 21 of May: most likely end of April or 2-7, 9-15 May
Note that The Allied Genetics Conference is in Washington, DC from April 22nd - 26th and there could be some overlap with attendance at that meeting
There is also an NLM workshop on the 27th and 28th of April on curating at scale
Should be in May or very beginning of June
- Model copy used to create multiple versions of what should fail or pass. Pascale working with Jim to update Shapes. Update the text document (google doc)
- Need follow-up meeting next week - Monday, 8/5 after ontology call? or after 2pm EDT on Wednesday?
Pascale would like a follow up meeting. Maybe monday after the ontology call, Kimberly will send an email.
- github ticket: What annotations have value?
- We need to address these annotation issues in a systematic and thorough manner.
- A working group could be very helpful here, but needs a clear directive/roadmap and strategy for how to proceed.
- We have set our priorities between now and October, but we should seriously consider this as a priority after that.
Note: really need to be more specifics about what is "regulation" and how we use it
7 files generates: stats and diffs about both the ontology and annotations
Ticket if you want to discuss further requirements: https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/issues/842
If a bug, take the next iteration of the release
GO meeting Berkeley
Look for hotels and logistics page
GO use cases
Need to collect and have better documentation to support use cases
Kimberly, Judith, Suzi, Seth, Laurent-Philippe