Manager Call 2019-08-28
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Review action items from last week
- 2.1 GO Meeting general
- 2.2 Review of project process
- 2.3 Pipeline progress
- 2.4 Project for improving mappings?
- 2.5 Cross references on GO website/AmiGO page
- 2.6 Collaborators Webpage
- 2.7 GO API & GOlr: availability & comment
- 2.8 Need for a IT/Cloud strategy
- 2.9 Better integration of GO-CAMs in GO site
- 3 Present
- Agenda: Pascale
- Minutes: David
Review action items from last week
- Seth: Set up a wiki page for GO users meeting, and start announcing (the pages are set up. Chris will send out the notice)
- PIs/managers: Start on the GO meeting agenda (this is a reminder. Normally this is in the Google drive)
- Current projects
- Ask if people want to present anything.
- Kimberly: talk to Pankaj to see whether they can clean up their file, and correct annotations
- We will ask if we can handle any annotation edits in P2GO for now.
GO Meeting general
Review of project process
Aims GO meeting
- Look at priority tasks for GO meeting.
- GO-CAM specifications
- Whole genome annotations from GAF to GO-CAM
Project for improving mappings?
...[L]et's discuss whether we should initiate a project for improving the mappings: documentation, workflow processes, quality control, staying up to date.
We are of course doing a good job in specific instances, whether it is ones we bring in (interpro/reactom) or ones we maintain (e.g rhea), but this project would be about a broader approach.
Cross references on GO website/AmiGO page
- Follow up on https://github.com/geneontology/amigo/issues/578
- Seth was to create documentation describing how that page is generated; where is that ?
We need to decide who we put as collaborators and as contributing groups. There is some redundancy. https://github.com/geneontology/geneontology.github.io/issues/130
GO API & GOlr: availability & comment
On August 17, several down time or freeze of both the GO API and GOlr: status.geneontology.org. Anything particular on that date ?
GO API logs indicate pics of 2000+ packets / mn (usually 100-500 packets / mn). Most queries seems to be slimmer/ribbon related.
Need for a IT/Cloud strategy
While not yet critical / urgent, it is important to have a IT/Cloud strategy for the project to ease the sharing of resources, virtual machines, protocols, loggings etc. LPA created a document for the USC AWS account in April, this could serve as a basis of discussion. Ticket example: https://github.com/geneontology/operations/issues/30
Better integration of GO-CAMs in GO site
Main goal is to support the article for now, not to be perfect: https://github.com/geneontology/geneontology.github.io/issues/180