Manager Call 2019-09-18
From GO Wiki
- Agenda: Kimberly
- Minutes: Huaiyu
GO Meeting agenda
Agenda first draft (by Pascale) https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ZCV1vyTHSEf20z_PO4F8S-uqD2ZvnyExV0McMWnFI0/edit
- Gramene annotations:
- Alex has imported into UniProt all of the Gramene annotations (from the current file in SVN) that passed UniProt QC checks
- Most annotations, did not make it for various reasons
- Relevant ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/issues/1166
- Can we keep a backup of the GR annotation file currently in SVN in case GR wants to salvage some of their manual annotations? What's our SOP here?
Entity Identifier Space and Types
- MODs, UniProt, PRO, Reactome, ComplexPortal
- What should we use?
- How should we use it?
- How should we map between resources?
- What should we be thinking about here wrt a post-GAF, GPAD/GPI world?
- Gramene annotation (Kimberley)
- Annotation files are still in SVN, and have not been updated for a long time.
- Fine to take the files there
- Most of them (90%) did not pass QC. Will take whatever we can take.
- Question to Seth: Still retrieve files in SVN
- Seth's response: SVN is going away. The files are archived. Can set something up.
- David initiated a discussion about pull requests in ontology github from someone outside of ontology development team, and raised the question whether this should be allowed.
- David argued that only the trained ontology developers should be allowed to make a pull request.
- Seth: Whether to allow people to make a fork or a pull request. It is a an open source platform. Making a fork and pull request is a good way to explain issues, and keep contributors' documentation.
- Agenda discussion
- Made some reorganization of the items.
- There is a suggestion of having more breakout sessions rather than a centralized meeting.