Manager Call 2020-02-26
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Discussion points
- 2.1 Caltech f2f, 24-28 Feb
- 2.2 GO meeting Paris, 11 (Users), 12-14 (Main), 15(SAB) May
- 2.3 GO meeting Baltimore, week of 5th Oct
- 2.4 Discussion
- 2.5 Noctua/NEO
- Agenda: Pascale
- Minutes: Laurent-Philippe
Caltech f2f, 24-28 Feb
Update /questions ?
GO meeting Paris, 11 (Users), 12-14 (Main), 15(SAB) May
GO meeting Baltimore, week of 5th Oct
- Loading UniProt Viral + bacterial GPI: This came up again from the multi-organism working group. They want to start making GO-CAM models. Can the loading of the GPI file be prioritized and assigned?
Ontology - questions for managers/PIs
- Comments: what type of comments should we show users:
- Editors’ comment: with links to the GH ticket
- Term contributor + special projects: GOC:curators; GOC:pg GOC:add,
as well as GO_REF:0000022, GOC:mtg_15nov05, etc.
- example of "vw" uninformative for users. Could link to ORCIDs and use the "nickname" from users.yaml for a more informative display
- the source and user should not ben under "definition", create another section ?
- whenever there is a reference (eg GOC_mtg_sensu), there should be a GO_REF to further describe it
- 'Activity' in MF terms
- Proposal is to keep only 'activity only under 'catalytic activity - ok ?
Paper identifying missing 'is_a' relations
Some missing relations are not: is it a version problem ? or maybe they aren't using the inferred version of the ontology ?
Is there any missing link that could be useful for the ontology ?
Non-GO editors people making PR in the ontology tracker
Isn't our policy that *only* GO editors work on the ontology ? Or do we want to allow some other users to make PRs?