Manager Call 2020-05-06

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  • Agenda: Pascale
  • Minutes: Huaiyu
  • Present: Chris, David, Laurent-Philippe, Pascale, Paul T, Seth, Suzi, Kimberly
  • Regrets:

Review May Consortium Meeting agenda

Minutes

Speakers should start to put the time for their talks by the end of today. Paul, Chris and LP will finalize the agenda.

May 2020 GO Users Meeting update

Proposal for the meeting:

4x15mn presentations :

  • introduction to GO (what we do & why, position of GO in biology today, example of use) - By Chris
  • working with the GO consortium (how to contact us / ask questions / being more involved) - By Paul T
  • curations in GO (the work, the QC, hard stats on what's available) - By David and Kimberly
  • bioinformatics and GO (how to use our resources, from API to enrichment) - By LP

Maybe an additional 10-15mn live presentation on the covid-19 page as a hands-on illustration of how to deal with annotations, do enrichment and formulate hypothesis to test

15-30mn Q&A

In addition, this could serve as a training for more recurrent online workshops, possibly recording some of those presentations to put on youtube ? Do we have a GeneOntology channel ?

Meeting agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tM2kog4vvosTImB3Yym8B3r1pbDapsAMwvuDYN0K7vg/edit#

Google drive for presentations: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ctQLzSMpfabRdOnFguCVAEYsyHPbND9M

Outreach

Does anyone check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_ontology sometime ?

Minutes

  • Chris: A bit outdated. Need to be updated with newer information/technology, e.g., Noctua/GOCAM.
  • Suzi will take the lead to gather content.
  • Kimberly: Are we going to maintain our presence on LinkedIn.
  • Looks like no one is aware of it. Maybe we will bail out of it for now.
  • Will continue to maintain Facebook and Twitter.

Product owner for GAF2.2 project

Suzi will be the project manager.

Following up on action items

Noctua

ACTION ITEM: : Consider starting a working group to discuss external ontologies in Noctua and GO more generally with the goal of developing consistent representation (as much as possible) and an SOP to give to groups onboarding. Will discuss further on the GO-CAM specs call, particularly with Jim B.


XenBase onboarding status

Seth - update

ECO and IEAs

  • Tentative breakout session at the GO meeting next week
  • Pascale contacted Michelle 2020-04-29: Michelle will fix the IEA mapping
  • We will talk more after the GO meeting