Manager Call 2020-06-10
- Agenda: Pascale
- Minutes: Laurent-Philippe
New management structure
Action on BLM?
Action: Suzi will send a post on twitter
'Public image' of GO data quality
- Recent paper published in Bioinformatics: https://academic.oup.com/bioinformatics/advance-article/doi/10.1093/bioinformatics/btaa548/5848643
"We applied the approach to 20 commonly-studied species in two recent UniProt-GOA releases and identified 250 potential misannotations in the 2018-11-6 release, where only 25% of them were corrected in the 2019-6-3 release. Importantly, 56% of the misannotations are “Inferred from Biological aspect of Ancestor (IBA)” "
Note: it would have been better if the article also mentioned the percentage as this is a very low number overall.
From Chris: Some lessons here:
- bioinformaticians like simple formats like gmt
- we need to be doing more to vet all of the different sources that provide GO
- even our SAB members may sometimes do dubious things with GO - this is on us rather than them though
Paul & Chris presenting the proposed organization for the group, with Product Owners and Tech Leads, as well as the project main tasks/priorities
Update on previous round of priorities
Actions for next GO User meeting ? Is it a priority ? Need to improve API & API related documentation, create interactive notebooks, etc.
Tech leads: update the document when tasks are done. This will be needed to set the next priorities.
Noctua Planning Meeting
- Two-hour meeting planned Wednesday, June 10th 9-11AM PCT
- Objective: discuss development options on a (relatively) high level; decide priorities for the next round of development
- Development time frame: roughly through the end of the year (2020)
- For grant renewal: any specific needs or objectives? (from last call: for testing in Uniprot, what would be the minimal set of species integrated in Neo ?)
Emails about job/volunteers
Recent (Monday), trickle in the past- distribute within GO or not?