Manager Call 2020-08-26
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 NAR paper update
- 1.2 GOC Meeting Baltimore
- 1.3 Noctua capacities and expectations
- 1.4 New group: PHI-Base
- 1.5 AmiGO regulates closure
- 1.6 Process to follow for a project
- 1.7 Ongoing projects
- Agenda: Huaiyu
- Minutes: Suzi
- Present: Chris, David, Huaiyu, Kimberly, Laurent-Philippe, Pascale, Paul T., Seth, Suzi
- Regrets: Judy
NAR paper update
Paper will likely touch on PAINT, GO-CAMs, Tools, Ribbons, APIs, intro to archives Draft to be started this week, shared next week- 1 Sep 15 Sep deadline for update article possible to ask for extension but would rather not
Is there a pre-submission enquiry? (Chris) Paul: Already done Draft document already exists: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouvqh38Xim_o-dU2B_oRDhz7FchK3q-LX34M03C0cpU/edit Includes link to previous paper
Assignees in draft doc.
Annotation: Talk about Karen's work & transcription factor stuff. (is already TF paper in works, reference that) New statistics, breakout by % added etc. Lit curation- mostly table
Shex should be included- lots of work this year. "Pathways" = annotations with more information than just extended annotations
New/redesign of homepage should be in paper
Virtual Meeting/User meeting- way to publicize users meeting.
GOC Meeting Baltimore
Draft agenda based on priorities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Jo2qdNfbF58rIYI2K1dkrEWk4-JqT-2aVAb1_vgAHI/edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=116162935390241629304
Deadline: 20th Sep.
Need dates (6-8 Oct). Add times- 5 min minimum, if need more time that's OK.
Draft of agenda needed by with people & length of talk.
Can still add/change topics- if wider GOC discussion is needed on on any item/ticket
Noctua capacities and expectations
- Noctua users mailing list
- Targeted only to people with permission to edit in Noctua
- Useful for making specific announcements, e.g. temporary outage to update production code
Noctua intended for MGI/WB import first. Reality, multiple groups (ZFIN, SGD) also using Noctua. Need to clarify early-access includes bugs/issues; limited capacity while importing groups. Above linked doc outlines these considerations.
Would like Noctua-active-users-centric mailing list to communicate outages, etc.
Paul: Why do we need this? Are there outraged users? Seth: Would like more open lines of communication Kimberly: Seth: would like to have canonical doc to not have to repeat conversations held with 1-2 individuals/groups Pascale: this is a problem with academic software Paul: Catastrophic data errors will of course be addressed ASAP (eg half existing annotations disappearing)
Maybe move this info to the Wiki. Let users know what to expect, how to make feature requests. Let users know the state of the tool before committing to use it.
New group: PHI-Base
AmiGO regulates closure
The current behavior is probably not the best one - regulates closure should NOT be applied by default https://github.com/geneontology/amigo/issues/602
- what do people think ? - can this be prioritized ? Is this a big task ? It would improve usability a lot
Process to follow for a project
The different phases, the responsibility of product owner, technical lead and architect for each phase
- requirement phase
- implementation plan
- project validation
- tickets and assignment
Anyone has blocking issues/delays/changes in project scope they need to report to managers /PIs?
Ongoing projects updates
- Noctua Imports (#3a)
- MGI/wormbase imports
- GPAD/GPI 2.0
- Minerva/gpad output
- Legacy data (#6)
- 1. gp2protein, gp2RNA files, gpi files: Any preferences for keeping/dropping them ?
- 2. File names: what about users citing old filenames ? see https://github.com/geneontology/archive-reconstruction/issues/1#issuecomment-680121448
- 3. Folder structure: can we avoid repetition in folder names ? see https://github.com/geneontology/archive-reconstruction/issues/1#issuecomment-680122454
- 4. File browser: use the AWS S3 of the archive (https://geneontology-tmp.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html) for both current & release.geneontology.org ?
- Noctua (#3e)
- ui implementations
- bug fixes
- ui implementations
- testing and release framework
- Minerva support for noctua
- Pipeline (ongoing) (#4a)
- Pathways2GO paper (#1bi)