Managers 10Sep08

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GO Managers, Weds. September 10th, 2008 8 a.m. PDT, 9 a.m. MDT, 10 a.m. CDT, 11 a.m. EDT, 4p.m. BST

Agenda/chair: David Minutes: Midori

Present: Pascale, David, Midori, Jane, Judy

Action items from August 27

  • Mike: When we support the 17 column GA, and the gene association files are submitted with 17 columns, will Mike's system continue to support a 16-column file? [Mike, Jane are not here, report this to the next call]
Mike not here again, but those of us on call agree that we'll have to support both for a while so nobody's stuff breaks
  • All managers: Each manager should put on the GOC agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the GOC.
  • All managers: Each manager should put on the SAB agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the SAB.
In progress - items added for Ontology Development, Annotation Outreach, and Reference Genomes
  • Judy, Suzi: Determine who will take minutes at the GOC and SAB meetings.
Not decided yet; trying to find people who can take notes on topics they're not directly involved in
  • Judy will contact Michelle and Karen (also Harold?) to see if they can maintain ECO.
Not done yet
  • Jennifer will make sure the minutes from the Salt Lake City GO Consortium Meeting get online
In progress - email about reviewing minutes sent to list
  • Jennifer to pass on annotation quality control trigger file to Albert Vilella in Ensembl for testing.
Jen away this week; ask again at next call
  • Jane (with the help of Seth and Amelia): come up with a list of features that need to be tested by testers for software release.
This is for AmiGO
A bit of discussion on state of AmiGO development
Seth working on suite of automated tests
working group developing SOPs for releases
Take-home message: action item is in progress, albeit slowly

Discussion Items

Next GOC meeting (Jane): Coordinate with Third International Biocurator Meeting, Berlin, April 16-19, 2009?

Pro: Lots of people will probably come to Biocurator meeting; combining could save money as well as travel time

Con: Adds up to quite a long trip

Conclusion: Bring this up at the Montreal meeting. Jane will add to the agenda.


Next Meeting

24 September

Agenda: Midori

Minutes: Chris?

Summary of action items

  • Mike: Update managers on plans to support (or not) 16-column file after 17-column files become available.
  • All managers: Each manager should put on the GOC agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the GOC.
  • All managers: Each manager should put on the SAB agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the SAB.
  • Judy, Suzi: Determine who will take minutes at the GOC and SAB meetings.
  • Judy: contact Michelle and Karen (also Harold?) to see if they can maintain ECO.
  • Jennifer: make sure the minutes from the Salt Lake City GO Consortium Meeting get online (in progress Sept. 10th; need update)
  • Jennifer: pass on annotation quality control trigger file to Albert Vilella in Ensembl for testing.


Back to minutes list