Participants: Midori, Jane, Pascale, Jen, David, Judy
Action items from previous calls
- Midori: circulate drafts of emails announcing cross-products and has_part in extended GO. DONE.
Registration for September GOC & SAB meetings open (Midori)
David: Which evening is the "Consortium dinner"?
Midori: I haven't named any of them, but I think more people will be there on Wednesday (23rd; dinner in Jesus College), so you can think of that as the consortium dinner. No decision yet on whether Thursday or Friday is "SAB dinner".
Ready to announce use of has_part in extended GO file
Action item: Midori: Send has_part announcement
Almost ready to announce cross-products in extended GO file
- But is the documentation adequate?
David suggests Chris lead webex tutorial for the few people who edit GO; can fill in web & wiki documentation thereafter
- for tutorial, want to include Donghui, Harold, Karen C; anyone else? (email)
Some important points to make
- choosing genus - case-by-case
- need to make sure xp def is necessary and sufficient
Also had brief recap of Chris' EBI visit and xp roll-out plan
Decision: Organize the webex tutorial for GO curators, then send announcement to GO Friends once tutorial has taken place.
Action item: David: email Chris to organize xp webex
Action item: Jane: review existing xp wiki pages; find or generate "biologist-friendly" page
Action item: Jane: email Amelia to put xp documentation (for GO users) on her to-do list
Action item: Midori: Send cross-product announcement after tutorial done
From Jen: Signaling work is now moving ahead as I have found people with time to discuss it and a suitable way to get together. Signaling metrics
Jen also says that a recent meeting at EBI on signaling went very well.
Manuscript on using GO to study development submitted to Molecular Reproduction and Development (David)
Regulates paper - David will look at the manuscript soon(ish)
Special edition of Trends in Microbiology out; all sorts of papers on using GO for microbial annotation (Jane)
- Midori: Send has_part announcement - DONE
- David: email Chris to organize xp webex - DONE
- Jane: review existing xp wiki pages; find or generate "biologist-friendly" page
- Jane: email Amelia to put xp documentation (for GO users) on her to-do list
- Midori: Send cross-product announcement after tutorial done