Managers 18Nov09

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Participants:

Agenda: Midori

Minutes: Chris

Present: Midori Chris David Suzi Pascale Jen

Action items from previous calls

  • Midori: Send cross-products announcement (GOfriends email, news item) - DONE
  • David, Tanya, Jane: Compose wiki documentation for ontology editors, with step-by-step instructions on making cross-products - ONGOING
  • David: Check whether MGI can act as the "beta-tester" for incorporating GAFs inferred from MF-BP links
    • AWAITING they have submitted tracker item to software group (should be simpler than GOA)
    • ACTION - chris - filter IEAs. do we need more detailed evidence codes - e.g. IC-derived-from-ISS
  • Jen: Draft wiki page to summarize motivation for MF-BP links
    • ONGOING
  • Managers: Comment on draft proposal that Suzi will circulate (content meetings, RefGen annotations, etc.)
    • ONGOING (Suzi)
  • Pascale: Continue organizing Geneva annotation camp
    • ONGOING probably mid-June, not confirmed yet
  • David, Tanya, Chris: Get back to the regulates paper draft; compose introduction. (Also Midori & Jane)
    • ONGOING - ACTION - midori will send again

Discussion items

  • Ontology tracking. I'm concerned that we're not able to capture information about decisions we make about ontology structure at the level of terms and relations. We're relying a lot on collective memory which is going to become increasingly difficult as staff change! Example is thylakoid. Do we have a long-term plan. Is there anything we can do in the interim? [Jane]
    • Punted for now (Jane not on call)
  • Chris - aligning Reactome and GO. Do we need to form a WG? David - need biochemists. Pascale - ??from Swiss-Prot. Jen - Ingrid. ACTION: Chris will report in 2 weeks.


Action items

  • David, Tanya, Jane: Compose wiki documentation for ontology editors, with step-by-step instructions on making cross-products
  • David: Check whether MGI can act as the "beta-tester" for incorporating GAFs inferred from MF-BP links
    • chris filter IEAs. do we need more detailed evidence codes - e.g. IC-derived-from-ISS
  • Jen: Draft wiki page to summarize motivation for MF-BP links
  • Managers: Comment on draft proposal that Suzi will circulate (content meetings, RefGen annotations, etc.)
  • Pascale: Confirm date of Geneva annotation camp
  • Midori, Jane, David, Tanya, Chris: Midori to resend draft, others to comment

Back to minutes list