Managers 27Aug08

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GO Managers, Weds. August 27th, 2008 8a.m. PDT, 9a.m. MDT, 10a.m. CDT, 11a.m. EDT, 4p.m. BST

Agenda/chair: Midori Minutes: Pascale

Present: Suzi, Judy, Pascale, Jen, Midori

Action items for next meeting

  • Mike:When we support the 17 column GA, and the gene association files are submitted with 17 columns, will Mike's system continue to support a 16-column file? [Mike, Jane are not here, report this to the next call]
  • All managers: Each manager should put on the GOC agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the GOC.
  • All managers: Each manager should put on the SAB agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the SAB.
  • Judy, Suzi: Determine who will take minutes at the GOC and SAB meetings.
  • Judy will contact Michelle and Karen (also Harold?) to see if they can maintain ECO.
  • Jennifer will make sure the minutes from the Salt Lake City GO Consortium Meeting get online
  • Jennifer to pass on annotation quality control trigger file to Albert Vilella in Ensembl for testing.
  • Jane (with the help of Seth and Amelia): come up with a list of features that need to be tested by testers for software release.

Action items from August 13

  • David and Tanya: Send out the e-mail for the F-P links. [DONE, 8-13-08]
  • Mike:When we support the 17 column GA, and the gene association files are submitted with 17 columns, will Mike's system continue to support a 16-column file? [Mike, Jane are not here, report this to the next call]
  • Jen: Write to ask Fiona if she is happy to head up a PAG annotation jamboree if David will also help. [DONE] Fiona says she is happy to take the lead if David helps. She is also going to write to Rama to ask if she will be there this year.

GOC/SAB meeting

  • Peter Good would come for the 23rd, and possibly on the 22 for the GOC. He would like to know if we can have the reference genomes discussion on the 22nd.
  • Agenda: People would like to know about what times the meeting will finish (especially on the 22nd). We might finish early on the 22nd.
  • [ACTION ITEM]: (ALL managers) Each manager should put on the GOC agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the GOC.
  • [ACTION ITEM]: (ALL managers) Each manager should put on the SAB agenda highlights/progress report, and what things need to be discussed with the SAB.


Discussion Items

ECO curation
From Chris (seconded by Suzi): We urgently need a minimal level of curation for ECO. It's imperative that we have a computable representation of evidence for an annotation.
[ACTION ITEM]: (Judy) will contact Michelle and Karen C to see if they can maintain ECO.
GO Consortium Meeting Minutes
The Minutes from the Salt Lake City GO Consortium Meeting have not yet been sent to the list for checking and subsequent addition to the website. Should we ask Fiona to do this as soon as possible?
[ACTION ITEM]: (Jennifer) will make sure the minutes from the Salt Lake City GO Consortium Meeting get online
Annotation Quality Control: A trigger file is being created that will enable a new annotation check. The check is to see that gene products have not been annotated to GO terms that are inappropriate for the species of origin of the gene product. tab-delimited file
The next step in testing this system would be to give the file to Ensembl to let them test whether it is easy for them to check annotations using the file, and how many wrong annotations they can remove using it. Would everyone be happy for the file to be passed on, on the understanding that it is not for release at this time? (yes)
(Jennifer)
AmiGO software release: Once sanity checks for the data are done, the AmiGO group will email the GO list for feedback so we can shorten the amount of time it takes to get into production. (Pascale on behalf of Seth)
[ACTION ITEM]: Jane (with the help of Seth and Amelia): come up with a list of features that need to be tested by testers for software release.

Next Meeting

10 September

Agenda: Chris?

Minutes: Midori

Summary of action items

Back to minutes list