Noctua Form Molecular Function
From GO Wiki
This page describes how to create a Molecular Function annotation with the Noctua Form Editor using a C. elegans gene as an example.
Note: add video
- From the Noctua landing page, click on the link to 'Create New Model in Form'
- From within the form, click on ‘Create Activity’ in the upper left corner
Add an entity
- Type in the gene name: mpk-1
- Select mpk-1 Cele WB:WBGene00003401 from the resulting autocomplete list
Add a GO Molecular Function term
- Begin typing ‘protein kinase activity’ in the Molecular Function field
- Select 'protein kinase activity' GO:0004672 from the resulting autocomplete list
Add an evidence code
- Begin typing 'direct assay'
- Select 'direct assay evidence used in manual assertion' ECO:0000314 from the resulting autocomplete list
- Note that, when applicable, the traditional three-letter GO codes are shown in bold in the autocomplete list
Add a PubMed reference
- Click on the + sign on the lower right of the reference field
- Select PMID from the dropdown list
- Paste '31296532' in the Accession field
- Check that the bibliographic information is correct
- Click on the check mark
- Note: you can also cut and paste a DB and id, e.g. PMID:31296532, in the reference field, but if you are cutting and pasting directly from PubMed, remember to remove the space between PMID and the accession.
- Note: users can also use dois and internal GO_REFs as references.
At this point, you can either save your MF annotation or add contextual information (annotation extensions).
Click here for more information on adding contextual information to an MF annotation.
To save your MF annotation, proceed to the next step.
Saving your annotation
- Once you have finished entering the minimal information for an annotation, the Save button at the bottom of the form will turn blue, and you can click on it to save your work.
- If the Save button is disabled, click on the red 'Why is the Save button disabled?' message at the bottom left of the form to see an error report that will guide you in how to fix your entry.
Previewing your annotation
- As you enter information into the form editor, you can click on the Preview button at the bottom of the form to see a representation of the annotation as it will be seen in the graph editor.
Clearing all fields
- If you would like to delete all of the information in the fields, click on the Clear button at the bottom of the form.
Suggestions for continuing
- Naming a model
- Making a model production
- Adding contextual information
Additional helpful information
Back to Noctua Users Manual