Noctua Manual: Running the reasoner
From GO Wiki
- While the Noctua form constrains what curators can enter, and thus can help avoid certain modeling errors, the graph editor allows curators more freedom in selecting relations and entities for annotating and creating GO-CAMs.
- To help curators find potential modeling errors in the graph editor, it is possible to run 'reasoning' software over the models to check for correct domain and range constraints for terms, entities, and relations.
- To run the reasoner from the graph editor, click on the Tools dropdown at the top of the page.
- Click the box to the left of the 'Use reasoner'.
- Reasoning over the model may take a few seconds.
- If the background turns green, the model is logically valid.
- If the background turns red, there is a logical error.
- Currently, curators need to review each entity and relation for possible errors in their model.
- In the future, we will use the model validation software to clearly identify the error in the model and suggest changes.
Back to Noctua Users Manual