From GO Wiki
2.1-b8 released 24 January 2011
- User dictionary now works
- Text Editor commit problems fixed
- In the past (e.g., in OE-2.000), after you added a new synonym and clicked Commit, the synonym editor (with a place to add a Name and Xrefs) changed back to the synonym display, showing the synonym name with the Scope under it and (if the synonym was in red) the little fixer tool icon. In 2.1-b7, nothing visibly changed when you click commit--the synonym editor stayed open rather than changing to the synonym display, so it looked like the edit wasn't committed. I have fixed this.
- Fixing this also turned out to fix Harold's problem, where an out-of-date perspective was making his Text Editor erroneously claim that there were uncommitted edits. (However, keep in mind that because perspectives are serialized binary files, they can get out of synch with newer OBO-Edit versions. If you are experiencing new problems with OE, it's always worth trying the experiment of renaming your config directory (and letting OE create a new one) and seeing if that helps.)
- Chris fixed the bug where OE was failing to exclude disjoint relationships when checking is_a complete.
- Bad handling of unrecognized relation (text editor et al.)
- This is now the only priority-8 bug. Is this the most important bug for me to tackle next?
- Obsolete terms appear in Discriminating relations. Questions:
- Should I make ALL autofill suggestions exclude obsolete terms? That should be doable. Otherwise, it's going to be tricky, because the autofill code doesn't know what the term is going to be used for.
- This bug report also mentions a feature request that's come up before: please show the namespace each term belongs to. This feature may be more important than it used to be because more people are working with multiple ontologies (which may contain duplicate terms).
- Is this a high-priority feature?
- As indicated in a reply to this feature request, the terms can be colored by namespace by constructing a term renderer in the Global Filters interface. Would someone like to volunteer to write up instructions on how to do that, and I'll add it to the user guide? (We could even make that behavior the default, if people like the idea.)
- obomerge doesn't report definition clashes:
- obomerge doesn't even attempt to check clashes between definitions or other fields, other than IDs. Should it? How high-priority is that? How many people are actively using obomerge?
- Some disjoint_from relationships impossible to delete
- This works for me--can someone else test it and confirm that it's fixed?
- ID fixer: Chris thinks the ID fixer is buggy and that it needs to be fixed. However, I haven't seen any high-priority bugs posted about this (only a level-5 bug I posted myself several years ago). How important is this?
- Other high-priority bugs? (Bump up their priorities in the tracker, if needed.)