OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday March 3rd, 2008 9.30 a.m. PST
Conference call details:
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
Attendees: Amina, Midori, Jen, DavidOS, Chris, Harold, Karen, Melissa
Action items carried over
(Amina will update action items)
- (Amina) Look into what 'succinct' does and will change documentation on 'succinct' , including what it is called.
- (Amina) GraphViewer should not need the reasoner to show asserted links. Since this is a new feature for OE2, should not hold up the release. Could just label as experimental. DavidOS suggests that 'succinct' be the default because the output with succinct on makes sense while with it off, the result is gibberish.
- (Amina) Investigate why uncommitted text edit window shows up without edits having been done.
- (Amina) Restore load error report before release (from Melissa)
- (Amina) Look into open source java help documentation software. Can be after release. For now, WG members can email docs to Amina and she will integrate into the code.
- Bug from David: When you click on a search result item, it takes a while for the text editor to catch up, or maybe takes a double click. Seems a common problem, though not everyone has seen it.
- Bug from David - See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2637233&group_id=36855&atid=418257
- Rearrangements of tree editor during save, others see this too. Linkpile reasoner thinks there is a disjoint problem, gets confused, and jumps around. A Long log file showing the reasoner going around and around. Amina added some better descriptors to log file to help with this sort of issue.
- Crashing in b55 when saving with reasoner on, wasn’t happening in b54. Maybe we can try incremental reasoning? Checkbox in reasoner manager?
- False disjoint relation issue in flyanat, Chris says that incremental reasoning is not working correctly.
- Bug from Midori- see https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2642262&group_id=36855&atid=418257 can’t delete "general" dbxrefs in the term editor- Amina has fixed this in b56.
- Giggles about how much better the skype call sounded once Harold left. Sorry Harold!
- Documentation Jamboree- Pick a date and lets do it! Or should the time be more spread out? We don’t need to wait for the b56 release. Can update ourselves or send to Amina. We can also schedule a few hours for documentation on the fly at the GOC meeting.
- GOC Meeting OBO-Edit Testing/Progress report
- Working session more than testing -Lots of folks in OE working group aren’t going to t be there, so for them it may be more like a regular skype/webex meeting. However, Amina will meet with other users that will be there.
- Amina will also do an informal presentation, what’s in the new release, timeline, major bug fixes, etc.
- Please don’t wait till Monday to update agenda.
- Info from Jen- we could try her friend's new software instead of skype for the call, it has better sound quality for more people. We can try for free, but would cost 50$/month if we chose it. Amina says her mom has something similar for 20$/month. The GO conference calls are really expensive, would be nice to find an alternative that works for all types of meetings. Jen will ask about us being testers and we might be able to try it next week.
- Amina: Option to turn off incremental reasoning
- Working Group: documentation
- Midori will compose email about OE2 release to be sent out about one week before release, which is March 23rd.