OEWG 20090324

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday March 24th, 2009 9.30 a.m. PST
The meeting will be held using the GO conference line for voice and webex chat interface. Please connect to these two mediums only. There was a lot of confusion and loss of meeting time last week due to shuffling between different meeting mediums. If you are experiencing problems please type in the chat window or contact Amina on skype. Also if you call in using a speakerphone, skype or cell phone please make ensure you are able to switch to mute on your end.

Conference call details:
US: 1-888-727-6732
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
pin: 601425

Agenda/Chair: Amina
Minutes: Amina
Attendees: Midori, Jen, Harold, Melissa, Chris, KarenC, Tanya, Amina

Action items carried over

  • Misc items


Discussion items

  • Amina: Updates on OBO-Edit2.0-rc1, Bug fixes etc.
  • Feedback from the working group on the OBO-Edit2.0-rc1.
  • Midori's points:

- sign-off from people who have worked with cross-products
- The user guide still needs a bit of work, as noted on the wiki.

  http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/OBO-Edit:_Help_document_OBO-Edit_2

- I would also like to see the release notes acknowledge "known issues" we've identified AI Amina

  • Amina plans to make the graph viewer work the same as the graph editor (I think this has to do with imlpied links, reasoner, etc. but A will put all in documentation)
  • user dictionary fix in progress
  • Tanya is going to file a bug report on reasoner manager behaviour (can't reproduce bug, if I get it again, I will file bug report -Tanya)
  • Documentation - high priority
  • Loading_a_History_File.htm - check for accuracy, especially in light of SF 2526247 bug report
  • Chris explained the working of the ID Fixer.

OBO-Edit session at the GO Meeting Agenda Discussion- 8am PST Monday March 30th

    • How many working group members will be physically/virtually present.
    • Amina to talk about the OBO-Edit2 release candidate, performance and usability.
    • Chris will be working with David Hill and Tanya Berardini - 10.30 - 11am. Amina will be present to observe their work. If there is enough interest we will have a projector setup for this session too.
    • Hold working group meeting on Monday (usual meeting time)instead of Tuesday.
    • Discussion items for the ontology development section at the GO meeting

Action Items

  • Amina
    • Release notes need to acknowledge known issues
    • RC announcement on sourceforge, oboedit.org and the wiki.
    • OE session at the GO meeting break out session agenda to be added to the wiki
    • Send out notification for working group meeting to be held at regular meeting time on Monday March 30th instead of Tuesday March 31st as the GO consortium meeting will be in progress.
  • Amina and Chris
    • Document ID Fixer, Cross Product pages, Semantic Parser manager.
  • Working Group
    • Testing and Documentation