OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday May 19th, 2009 9.30 a.m. PST
Conference call details:
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
Attendees: Harold, Jane, Melissa and Amina
Action items carried over
- UK folks out on spring break while its suddenly foggy and cold in berkeley.
- Harold: leaving early as Judy and DavidH to present on the GOC Eugene and Biocurator conference.
- Melissa at LBL this week
- Amina: currently working on OTE fixes
- Jane showed up today and took everyone by surprise!
- Still having issues with the verification manager.
Jane dropped her laptop - trying a fresh install on the backup laptop
Harold informs Jane about a mac system application for keeping track of installations
Jane has all the dictionaries in her config folder
Amina will investigate this
- Users not able to locate log file on the mac - this will be fixed version 2.1 onwards
Log files will be located in the users configuration folder
- Melissa - things are pretty good
- extra spaces after/within the definitions sill cause issues with the verification manager
- clunky on windows - selection and mouse pointer is a problem
- Ontology Tree Editor (OTE)
- global/local mode issues - discussion about expected and current behavior.
At a given point in time only one OTE should be in local mode and all other instances of OTE's should be in global mode. The local mode OTE is used for editing and the global OTE's reflect/respond to changes in selection from other components.
- Next release - 2.1 out end of the month
- US folks not in office next monday May 25th - Memorial day holiday.
- Fix logging location for OSX in 2.1
- Investigate verification check issues on a fresh install
- Graph Editor Crashes
- warning before GE crashes or look into making Graph Editor quit instead of crashing the application
- UTF8 support
- Ability to switch between incremental reasoning on/off states. - In Progress
- Lock Layout option - Done