OEWG 20090625

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

OBO-Edit Working Group Meeting, Thursday June 25th, 2009 8.30 a.m. PST

Conference call details:
US: 1-888-727-6732
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
pin: 601425

Agenda/Chair: Midori
Minutes: DavidOS
Attendees:

Action items carried over

Minutes

Present: Amina, Chris, Harold, Melissa, Jen, Midori, David OS [Hope I didn't miss anyone!]

  • Update from Amina about what she's working on:
    • 1. Fixing assert implied links
    • 2. Ability to switch of incremental reasoning.
      • Think this is now working, but need to get Chris to check that the fix is safe.
    • 3. Making make viewing transitive relations configurable in the tree editor as they are now filtered out.
    • DS: But aren't they visible already? I have non-trans relations in fly anatomy and they are visible in OTE.
    • Chris: Think the problem is only seen if you have a term that only has non-transitive link(s) to parents.


  • Amina: Items discussed during the webex session with Tanya and DavidH on wednesday morning.
    • Apparently lots of complaints - including:
      • Possible problem with assignement of wrong namespace during editing. OE2 is meant to automatically assign new terms namespace of their parent. David H thinks this sometimes fails.
        • Feature request: Optional Verification check to check if is_a child has same namespace as parent.
    • Discussion of how this related to disjunction GO root nodes
      • AI: Check if it now possible to make root terms disjoint without screwing up display in OTE?
    • Tanya feature request: NSBP check (MFBP check???) [DOS: not clear to me what this refers to - perhaps someone can fill in the details?]
    • Updates to user dictionary still broken
      • Amina thinks this is fixed in 2.1
      • Jen reports additional (perhaps windows specific?) problem of verification manager failing to read any dictionaries from her config folder.


  • Update to Java version 6/1.6 from version 5/1.5. Amina to demo/walk all users through this, if required.
    • For mac users - open java preferences and drag Java 6 to top of list (note If you have the latest mac system update, java6 (AKA 1.6) should be installed. This is easy to reverse if causes problems for other software.



  • Demo by Jen: Tag filtering.
  • Midori: Please could you remove id from the filter options?
      • General agreement to this.
    • Feature request: save implied links [for presentation/save all] is confusing - can we get rid of the dialogue box altogether and have the 'for presentation' behavior be the default.
      • Seems to be general aggreement with this suggestions
      • AI: Amina - find out what does realize implied links do? If we don't need it delete


  • Harold's interface issues
    • 1. Can we make the icons at the top of the windows be larger? Some people find them way too small.
      • Amina - trade off - could cause problems for screen real estate
      • Jen - Perhaps we should make it configurable
      • General agreement to configurable option for this?
    • 2. Can we have change the windowing setup so that detached windows don't always stay on top?


  • Discussion of graph viewing and graph editor:
    • AI: Jen has had problems showing all ancestors to root with graph editor- needs to investigate further to write bug report.
    • Graph viewer - still buggy. Doesn't work with RBR, needs LBL to display complete path to root. (Already have tickets for these).

Action Items

  • AI: Check if it now possible to make root terms disjoint without screwing up display in OTE?
    • UPDATE: DOS checked. Appears to now work fine.
  • Feature request: Simplify 'save implied links' interface so that it doesn't have different options and behaves as 'save for presentation' currently does.
  • AI: Amina - find out what does realize implied links do? If we don't need it delete
  • Tanya feature request: NSBP check (MFBP check???) [DOS: not clear to me what this refers to - perhaps someone can fill in the details?]
  • Feature request: Optional Verification check to check if is_a child has same namespace as parent.
  • Feature request: Make window icon size configurable
  • Feature request: Fix it so detatched windows are not always on top
    • AI: Jen has had problems showing all ancestors to root with graph editor- needs to investigate further to write bug report.

Links

Back to OEWG Meeting agenda and minutes List