OEWG 20090804

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday August 4th, 2009 9.30 a.m. PST

Conference call details:
US: 1-888-727-6732
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
pin: 601425

Agenda/Chair:Amina
Minutes: Amina
Attendees: Midori, Melissa, Jen, Harold, KarenC, Amina

Action items carried over

Miscellaneous


Discussion items

  • OBO-Edit2.1beta1 release
    • Harold: tested lock view and mentioned problem with graphviz for OE2 fixed
    • Midori: regular editing works fine.
  • Amina talks about the OBO-Edit talk ICBO meeting
    • Kudos to DavidOS for his OBO-Edit tutorial
    • Lots of new OE users in the audience.
    • Sourceforge down on the day of the demo so the releases were put up on oboedit.org


  • Melissa: asked a question about relations being saved out through filtered save.
  • Melissa explains use of synch tool
    • plugin developed by Jim Balhoff.
    • load two ontologies that have xrefs to each other - term names that have same names but diff xrefs and dbxrefs or same xrefs but diff names - we use it as we have ZAO specific subsets that should be in cell ontology or TAO ontology.. that's what we're using it for.
    • https://www.phenoscape.org/wiki/Synchronization_Tool
    • Amina mentions porting the sync tool to be a part of OBO-Edit
    • Melissa asks everyone if they find the synch tool useful
    • Midori: might be useful to groups that use GO to synch their ontology
  • Karen: recently one of the SGD ppl noticed terms added to yeast GO slim not added by them. They could've cloned terms and also cloned subsets that went ahead with them.
    • discussion about what should get cloned and what should not get cloned
    • cloning levels should be user configurable
    • All: we would not want to be cloning subsets so we should think about behavior
    • should the clone function also clone dbxrefs?


  • Midori: large part of the problem are the Text Editor tabs
  • Amina suggests we should think about a new layout for the Text Editor
    • lots of going back and forth between the keyboard and mouse


  • Jen: was wondering if we could use the voip line or clackpoint as some folks are not clear on the line.
    • Multiple problems associated with the conference line and clackpoint.
    • Judy has given OE thumbs up to use the GO conference line for weekly calls.
    • The group decides to continue using the GO line along with webex as all members of the working group are familiar with this meeting setting.


Action Items

BUGS:

  1. obomerge loses a few tags

Amina: - Put up chris's and OBO-Edit ICBO slides as a teaching resource skype into call - send out OEWG calendar subscription email again

Links

Back to OEWG Meeting agenda and minutes List