OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday August 4th, 2009 9.30 a.m. PST
Conference call details:
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
Attendees: Midori, Melissa, Jen, Harold, KarenC, Amina
Action items carried over
- OBO-Edit2.1beta1 release
- Harold: tested lock view and mentioned problem with graphviz for OE2 fixed
- Midori: regular editing works fine.
- Amina talks about the OBO-Edit talk ICBO meeting
- Kudos to DavidOS for his OBO-Edit tutorial
- Lots of new OE users in the audience.
- Sourceforge down on the day of the demo so the releases were put up on oboedit.org
- OBOMerge bug
- Melissa: asked a question about relations being saved out through filtered save.
- Melissa explains use of synch tool
- plugin developed by Jim Balhoff.
- load two ontologies that have xrefs to each other - term names that have same names but diff xrefs and dbxrefs or same xrefs but diff names - we use it as we have ZAO specific subsets that should be in cell ontology or TAO ontology.. that's what we're using it for.
- Amina mentions porting the sync tool to be a part of OBO-Edit
- Melissa asks everyone if they find the synch tool useful
- Midori: might be useful to groups that use GO to synch their ontology
- Karen: recently one of the SGD ppl noticed terms added to yeast GO slim not added by them. They could've cloned terms and also cloned subsets that went ahead with them.
- discussion about what should get cloned and what should not get cloned
- cloning levels should be user configurable
- All: we would not want to be cloning subsets so we should think about behavior
- should the clone function also clone dbxrefs?
- Midori: large part of the problem are the Text Editor tabs
- Amina suggests we should think about a new layout for the Text Editor
- lots of going back and forth between the keyboard and mouse
- Jen: was wondering if we could use the voip line or clackpoint as some folks are not clear on the line.
- Multiple problems associated with the conference line and clackpoint.
- Judy has given OE thumbs up to use the GO conference line for weekly calls.
- The group decides to continue using the GO line along with webex as all members of the working group are familiar with this meeting setting.
Amina: - Put up chris's and OBO-Edit ICBO slides as a teaching resource skype into call - send out OEWG calendar subscription email again