OBO-Edit Working Group, Thursday August 13th, 2009 8.30 a.m. PST
Conference call details:
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
Attendees: Midori, Jen, Chris and Amina
Action items carried over
- Would it be possible to make fixing the graph viewer a priority? I'm finding it a bit of a struggle using the graphviz viewer. The SF item is here.
- Graph Viewer Improvements
- Renamed "Succinct" configuration option to "Trim reasoner-generated (implied) links from display".
- Remove reasoner dependency from displaying all-types panels and showing ancestors upto root.
- Make RBR and LPR behave the same way
Amina asks about bug prioritisation.
Please can everybody write and tell her about their No. 1 most important bug, so she can work on those first. This will save everybody from reading right through the tracker.
Graphviewer would take a week of work to fix as it is really a big rewrite to have it work without the reasoner. Is this worth doing?
Yes: Then we have the graphview without installing graphviz. Handy for remote teaching sessions.
Any idea of why graphviewer stopped working?
The code to compile the link database changed. It was not the graphviewer that changed.
But this component was working before. Can it be restored? Amina will look into this.
Jen: put graphviz random term selector in bug report.
Amina will set up cron job to run the JUnit tests.
ActionListener timers are a memory hog. They affect performance. Is this near the top of the list to be fixed? No this is for after the consortium meeting. The reasoner is a higher priority just.
- Working group to email AA a bug/comment on fixes
- Graph Viewer Issues
- consistent behavior for LPR and RBR
- cronjob for JUnit tests